I have a bc rich bich acrylic. Its a 12 pound guitar. Wit my other (much cheaper and crappier guitar) i use a hercules wall mount. I want to do the same with the bich except im afraid i might damage the guitar. The guitar has an acrylic body , a maple wood neck, and an acrylic headstock. Im afraid that if the weight is put on the headstock it will either untune the strings or snap off the neck! What are your thoughts and solutions ?

Thanks

For pix check my profile.
I can tell you I've seen some of these at GC hanging from the headstock, and they don't get gentle treatment from the customers. So far, nothing broken...
The paint is acrylic i think. But still, if you have everything screwed in sturdily, it shouldnt fall off or anything. Stands can usually hold more than 12 pounds if you have em set in right.
I think if the guitars were too fragile to be treated like normal guitars, B.C. Rich probably would've fixed that before mass-producing them or sold them with a huge disclaimer-sticker on the back or something.
Quote by qotsa1998
The paint is acrylic i think. But still, if you have everything screwed in sturdily, it shouldnt fall off or anything. Stands can usually hold more than 12 pounds if you have em set in right.

Im not consirned about the wall mount hangers. The wall and mount will be fine. But since the headstock of the guitar rests on the hanger, im afraid the weight will seperate it from the neck. The headstock is quite fragile as it is not part of the neck itself.
Quote by Aziraphale
I think if the guitars were too fragile to be treated like normal guitars, B.C. Rich probably would've fixed that before mass-producing them or sold them with a huge disclaimer-sticker on the back or something.

This one has apparently been discontinued so idk.
I would think it would be fine. It's not like they used a glue stick to put the guitar together; it's epoxy
Keep doing what your doing you haven't hurt it yet why risk it?
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
I've heard that their is some kind of treatment that should be done to the headstock where the hangar will touch as it would wear the finish and paint.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Id prefer hanging it next to my strat rather than a stand.

Idk ive been keeping it in a hard case but...i really want it to be on display when not used. Im just so freaked out im gonna come home one day and see my baby on the floor , bashed up, hanging by its strings.

I was thinking maybe putting a second holder under it would help, so i found this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170217993930&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=007

I would take the small peice and put it under the wing of the guitar (left) and ill probably just find some use for the larger peice. I would still hang the guitar with my hercules moun. Thoughts ?
Bump cause no one quite answred the question.

Remember the guitar headstock is fragile and is seperate from the neck. Eventhough it is an original bc rich, remember the guitar is 12lbs and Im afraid that hanging might screw up tuning, or damage the headstock.

Image of neck / headstock
Last edited by mtf612 at May 14, 2008,
Dude, it'll be fine. The headstock is not going to pop off. And stop obsessing about this damn guitar!
the string tension has to be way more than 12 pounds friend but if youre still sweating it just get a stand. cheepies are like $6-$7 (us) + seperate headstocks like in 2 piece or 3 piece necks are stronger than 1 pieces.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik