yeah... cant decide, as people have said good and bad about all of em, so erm... ESP, Ibanez, Dean, Jackson, or Gibson? not model specific or anything, just which has a better sound quality for metal-ish stuff, and which is most reliable... tell me which you think =O
NADS.
Depends on the model...

Quote by jesus is punk N
GIBSON PWNS ALL!!!... all who disagree fail at life and should probly go to hell

You are a douche.
Depends on price point more than anything.

You could also check out Schecter and Carvin.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Well...the gibson shred X isn't bad for metal if you like that look. I'd probably pick an ESP out of those.

But my PRS can do metal pretty well.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Price, styles, taste, likings...
Jackson is more for metal since their King V and Rhoads are really RAWRRR.
Ibanez is for all around playing IN MY POINT OF VIEW.
Gibson...Les Pauls. :/
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by EagleFlyFree
yeah... cant decide, as people have said good and bad about all of em, so erm... ESP, Ibanez, Dean, Jackson, or Gibson? not model specific or anything, just which has a better sound quality for metal-ish stuff, and which is most reliable... tell me which you think =O

They all have good and bad models. its really a matter of preference. I prefer Gibson and Fender, and some higher end Charvels..... thats me though.

What kind of sound are you trying to get. Name some guitarists you like, or songs.....
Quote by jesus is punk N
GIBSON PWNS ALL!!!... all who disagree fail at life and should probly go to hell

HA!!!!!! my guitar pwns a gibson in every category you could imagine. tone, sustain, cost, playability and even design imo. btw i play a matsumoku skylark.

to the TS, this should be in the guitar gear forums or electric guitar forums

that being said go try alot of different types of guitars out in your price range and find the one that sounds best to your ears.
Yes Schecter definately is awesome. But if I had to shoose it would be either ESP or Jackson. I just think Gibsons are overrated and I don't particularly like Ibanez, cause when I was searching for a 7 string I playes one from then and it sucked.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
Quote by z4twenny
HA!!!!!! my guitar pwns a gibson in every category you could imagine. tone, sustain, cost, playability and even design imo. btw i play a matsumoku skylark.

to the TS, this should be in the guitar gear forums or electric guitar forums

that being said go try alot of different types of guitars out in your price range and find the one that sounds best to your ears.

LOL. everyones favorite guitar, pwns everyone elses.
^ no no no, seriously. i've had several friends tell me it sounds better than their expensive ibanez/gibson/fender/schecter/prs's
i even had one friend try to trade me an esp, a gibson and his american made fender strat for my 1 guitar. thats when i knew i found gold. granted again its all subjective but i've had too many people tell me i found a diamond in a sh!t pile.
Quote by z4twenny
^ no no no, seriously. i've had several friends tell me it sounds better than their expensive ibanez/gibson/fender/schecter/prs's
i even had one friend try to trade me an esp, a gibson and his american made fender strat for my 1 guitar. thats when i knew i found gold. granted again its all subjective but i've had too many people tell me i found a diamond in a sh!t pile.

yeah I believe man, Im sure its a sweet guitar.
I'd choose the dean for metal since most of the deans look better then the ibanez and and jackson guitars and gibsons aren't really made for metal.