i bought a cheap stagg guitar £50 (it was my first one) , was going ok until a decided to change the strings.

in total i broke 2 a strings,a high e string, and one of the pins snapped, now i have 4 strings from one packet and 2 stagg strings.....................the guitar now sounds terrible.

i am going to take it into the shop and have all the strings replaced and let the shop do it for a small cost.........at the same time i am considering replacing the guitar altogether with a budget of £100-£150....................any advice would be appreciated, i here the yamaha or fenders are good?
Hm, that sounds unfortunate...personally, I would suggest getting a better guitar, but not just because of the string problem. In fact, the problem with the strings sounds like there may be a part on the nut, tuning head, or the bridge that could be creating friction on the strings, causing them to snap.

I say you get a better guitar though, if your budget allows, because most likely you will be very happy with a better guitar, since you will get a better sound, feel, etc. I have a yamaha that I got for about $300, it sounds pretty good, and I've even played it live with no problems.
i thought there might hae been someting else up as i tuned the strings the same as the rest, something to think abot, the link above provides alot of advice, any other tips or possibly cut the list down for me?
Quote by Smgawt
i thought there might hae been someting else up as i tuned the strings the same as the rest, something to think abot, the link above provides alot of advice, any other tips or possibly cut the list down for me?

Go to a store and cut the list down yourself (not trying to be rude, that's just the best thing you can do). The only guitars I'd personally cut from that list are the Epiphones.
would cut the list down myself only iv only been playing for 2 months and havnt quite built up the knowledge of guitars as you clearly have mate
Quote by Smgawt
would cut the list down myself only iv only been playing for 2 months and havnt quite built up the knowledge of guitars as you clearly have mate

What I'm saying is that you should go to a store and pick the one you like the best. You can't really go wrong with any of the guitars on the list--they're all good. If I were to recommend one of them, though, it would be the Yamaha FG730s.
cheers , cheers i can get hold of a yamaha f310 or fender cd10 for a brilliant prive, would appreciate ur opinion on these mate
Quote by Smgawt
cheers , cheers i can get hold of a yamaha f310 or fender cd10 for a brilliant prive, would appreciate ur opinion on these mate

Neither of those has a solid top, which is something you want in an acoustic. The cheapest guitar I would go for is a Yamaha FG700s. It runs for $200 new.