Hey,

I recently replaced my mg100hdfx with Marshall AVT150H (already have the marshall avt412a cab)

bought it used from ebay, £140..

It was delivered today, and as this is my first step toward the tube side of amps, i dont really know much info about them..

I have used a tube head (JCMsomething) before for gigs, but never in a quiet environment (bedroom)

When i turn on the avt150h, it makes a strange noise; kind of like fans moving, but with extra strange noise which i cant describe..

i assume its the tube warming up, as it only lasts for about 30-40seconds ish..

does anyone have any idea what the noise is?..just getting a bit paranoid that i may have to replace something or have it serviced!
It's a fan i believe - the MG has one as well.

Don't be fooled by the marketing scheme that your amp has one valve it it, it's a marketing scheme more than anything. You got a pretty decent deal for it, but it's still one of Marshall's worst amps tbh.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
ok cool..

i may open it up and have a quick look inside!

the avt is better than the MG though right..so its a start toward my ultimate goal of tube-ness
money is tight at the moment, and my budget was £100..so it was overstretched at 140..but it seems durable, and like it will do the job
Well on that kind of budget, you're fine, especially if you already had the cab. And yeah, the noise is probably just the fan, I used to have one of those and the fan was very loud. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
It's an upgrade, but not a huge one. My general train of thought is that the cheapest Marshall worth buying is the DSL 401.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
thanks for the response guys!

much appreciated..might get the fan(s) seen to, see if they can be silenced..kind of annoying :p (althought it is only for about 30 seconds..so maybe tolerable lol

thanks again!