looking to get different pickups for my epi lespaul what should i look if i play stuff like oasis,pink floyd,rolling stones,beatles led zeppelin,van halen,neil young type stuff
Most of it is rather low gain stuff, though Van Halen will require some more gain.
I recommend a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge for the higher gain stuff and a Seymour Duncan '59 in the neck, which will give you a softer sound. The JB is pretty versatile and will give you a more mellow sound when you turn down the volume on your guitar, too.

Yeah, thousands of players have this combination, so it's not very original. But it works fine.
Quote by TheQuailman
Most of it is rather low gain stuff, though Van Halen will require some more gain.
I recommend a Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge for the higher gain stuff and a Seymour Duncan '59 in the neck, which will give you a softer sound. The JB is pretty versatile and will give you a more mellow sound when you turn down the volume on your guitar, too.

Yeah, thousands of players have this combination, so it's not very original. But it works fine.

+1 Theres a reason everyone uses it.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO