I wana know what spearate all the genres of metal

thrash metal from heavy metal

and also why lamb of god not a metal band ??? i think they call them metalcore but i was pretty sure they were thrash metal o plz help me
Quote by devit
but i was pretty sure they were thrash metal o plz help me

LOLLLOL. Phail.
Oh jesus.. recommendation thread has a huge list of genres etc. go to there please.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
People say all sorts of things that I think are totally metal aren't metal. The most recent one I can think of is Between the Buried and Me. I saw them at Progressive Nation and they seemed totally metal to me. Not my cup of tea, but they were pretty metal.

Even Avenged Sevenfold. I know they kinda suck, but they're still metal in my books. They cover all the bases as far as being metal, they just don't do it to my liking. I can see why having subgenres could be OK for telling people what kind of music a band plays, because Pagan Death metal and 80's thrash sound pretty different, but they shouldn't be taken to heart.

Call me old fashioned, but I hate all these subgenres. If it's metal it's metal, we can either get along, headbang and mosh or argue about retarded genre names, take your pick.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Lamb of God combines thrash and groove metal with hardcore.

That's metal+hardcore

which means it's metalcore. and metalcore =/= metal. Simple as that.