so basically one of my basses stopped working and whenever i plug it in it makes a louuud buzz, not just a normal buzz but it gets like super loud and stuff. so i unscrew the screws and i see the wire that connects to the input cord of the bass wasn't connected... i'm not really a genious with the assembly of the bass but i'm sure all i have to do is connect the cord back to where it should be...

it's a fender jazz for what it's worth still in great condition. don't bash me for trying to do things myself, it's too late now :P
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
If you're so sure, why don't you try it?

However, don't come crying to us when you get hit in the heart with 15,000V and turn into a pile of dust.

Nah, just kidding...

Or am I?

Yes, I am. Resolder that, and see if it works.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
easy fix, if you have basic soldering skills. if not, have it done. it should be cheap.
look here if you need a wiring diagram.
http://www.fender.com/support/wiring_diagrams_parts_lists.php
just find your model and "click", done deal. good luck!
I wasn't sure how I should go about with the reattachment part of it, I understand where the cords go and such but I wasn't positive of the best method of keeping the wires connected.

Does anyone know exactly what stuff I should use to connect them and keep them connected for a long time?

EDIT: btw, the fender site is having some problems with adobe reader and it's not letting me view the diagrams at the moment.
Quote by yawn
Don't type in all caps.

Otherwise You Look Like A Complete Moron.

Quote by jazz_rock_feel
1) Bold print. Reason? Y/N?
The TS has a very ironic name for this thread. :p
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
theres only one wire on a jazz jack, as it earths through the metal control plate, if the wire's come off, the best way is to solder it. anything elsy is simply a compramise
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
If you don't know how to solder, surely one of your friends does. The handy ones always do :p
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
you can purchase a soldering kit at Wal-Mart for about $6 to $8. it comes with a soldering iron, and electronics solder(flux core). i say buy one and practice on some scrap wire until you get the feel for it. look up some soldering guides on the net, then fix that thing.