So tonight i will be installing a Kahler USA tremolo onto my string-thru strat that i hand-made a few months ago. i will be step by stepping. pictures, maybe a video. anyone interested? will also include a locking nut. let me know so im not wasting my time doing so.
i might be interested but im to poor to afford a kahler
but itll be good reference for the future when i can buy one
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
^ Or the "ZOMG OFR ON SG??? WILLZ IT WORKZ???!!!!" no you ****ing idiot it's an sg. Thinkin about putting a Kahler on my special 2 Worth it?
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
yeah man please do this, im considering putting a kahler hybrid 7 on my 7 string build, this would be mega helpful
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by shredforbread33
^ Or the "ZOMG OFR ON SG??? WILLZ IT WORKZ???!!!!" no you ****ing idiot it's an sg. Thinkin about putting a Kahler on my special 2 Worth it?

Yeah, I can't stand those idiots either. I mean, how much brainpower does it take to realize you totally can put an OFR on an SG. Heck, it was a production model (albeit, modified a fair amount).

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Epiphone-G400-SG-Extreme-Floyd-Rose~ID~2741.asp

Gosh, I can't stand those people. It's just SO obvious that it would work.

On topic, though, I think a vid would be nice, there's lots of trem questions, especially about Kahlers, I'm sure it would answer quite a few of them. Heck, it would probably make a good sticky.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
^i must now kill epiphone for destroying that sg.

it is possible to put an ofr on an sg, but not practical- the springs stick out of the back of the guitar! i told my friend it would be a dumb idea, but he just HAD to have an ofr....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
^i must now kill epiphone for destroying that sg.

it is possible to put an ofr on an sg, but not practical- the springs stick out of the back of the guitar! i told my friend it would be a dumb idea, but he just HAD to have an ofr....

Bet you anything he got tired of it.
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
he refused to play the guitar cause
a) it had springs stickin out the back
b) "i dont need a trem"
biggest waste of $170 ever!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
i totally called it
Gear

98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
lol

now he wants a kahler, but i wont put it on for him just for fear of wastin a perfectly good kahler.
not to mention the part about kicking me out of "his" band...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
You guys know that with a kahler every you do a bend that string goes out of tune until you do a quick dive bomb?
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
^ thats why theres a beautiful thing called "locking tuners"
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
^ supposedly having a lock nut doesnt do anything for the string bending problem, its not a problem for me though as i wont be gigging with the kahler or anything.

so are you actualy making a guide for the installation of this?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
wow, you guys are pretty damn stupid, the only reason your string goes out of tune is because you set it up incorrectly. you have to give the ball end a 45 degree bend, that fixes it, simple as that.
C4N I PUUTZZ A OFR ON MAH ACOOOOSTIK? WILL IT B3 T3H PWNZ@@24242rs????

I was actually asked that question once.

And yes, please make a pictorial. I have a kahler, but I dunno how to route for it.
DEAD. AIR. SPACE.

Fender American Strat/Tele->Vox V847 Wah->EH LPB-1->BK Butler Tube Driver->Big Muff Pi->MXR Carbon Copy->EH Small Clone->Vox AC30/Orange Tiny Terror/Blues Deluxe RI
ive seen a pic of a floyd on acoustic on ug sumwhere
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????