Page 1 of 2
I have never been a big fan of cursing. Actually, I think stupid people who can't find better words to express themselves use curses. So I have decide to edit, all of the music I listen to... MY question is: Are there programs you can use to edit out expletives?
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
I have never been a big fan of cursing. Actually, I think stupid people who can't find better words to express themselves use curses. So I have decide to edit, all of the music I listen to... MY question is: Are there programs you can use to edit out expletives?

What music is this specifically? I am interested.

Is it naughty nu-wappers?
just live with it. there are better ways to express oneself, but these people chose to use those words for a reason. they use those words because of the reaction people like you have. once swearing and expletives become normal, they wont have any meaning, and will fall out of use.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
I think in the case of bands like Strapping Young Lad, cursing can be pretty humorous. In a band that takes itself seriously, though, like Slipknot, cursing is stupid. It's too hard to take anyone seriously when he's being as serious as can be and every other word out of his mouth is an f-bomb.
Quote by Jackolas
What music is this specifically? I am interested.

Is it naughty nu-wappers?

Just everything, I listen to a lot of stuff. This is inspired by me listening to Laid to Rest by Lamb of God, I love the song, but him saying the F word ruins it for me. I just honestly, could do without it, thats all.
chill man, its the way the artist intended it. i mean there are bands that take the cursing way too far (limp bizkit for example.... and its a shame, the music alone is not bad,) but most of the times when an artist curses, it fits, and its just a word, its not really a big deal. the only reason you have a problem with it is because you've been told since you were little that its a "bad word". if i told you were told that whopper was a bad word growing up, you'd probably bug out in a burger king one day.
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
the only thing worse than swearing in a song is having the swearing edited out. it's like getting neutered, it's really obvious what you were trying to remove was.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
There is a difference between using a word because it's how you feel and it's what fits, and using the word because it is a curse. I think most of the time curses are used because they fit, it's what the writer felt. It belongs there and I think you should respect the vision they had for the song.
Quote by freedoms_stain
I think that YOU think wrong.

A word is a word is a word.

that my friend, is siggable
Could you possibly be more up your own arse? You sound like you're 9 years old.

It's all a matter of context, as with the use of any form of language. Sometimes it really is the best choice to express something, sometimes lyricists put it in there because they suck at what they do. The only thing that separates swear words from any other words is social convention.

Just put up with them. If you don't like it, get fucked.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
you could probably do it on cubase, although if you're going to spend that much money and time, just because you dont like a few 4 letter words then you're an idiot with too much time and money
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
********************************************************************************************
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

hows that make you feel?
HiMyNameIsMatt
You'll still be able to tell what was said, unless you plan on singing over it.

I think that's way too much work for a really dumb cause, seriously they're just words.

But if you wanna torture yourself with the work, you can download Audacity, its free.
try not llistening to it if you seriously cant handle a word.....or you could get over it
Quote by guitarhero_764
You'll still be able to tell what was said, unless you plan on singing over it.

I think that's way too much work for a really dumb cause, seriously they're just words.

But if you wanna torture yourself with the work, you can download Audacity, its free.

Don't tell him that, if he's so easily offended he has to sit there editing other peoples work I demand he pays for it
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

You can edit music files in Audacity, but you'd really need the vocal track to edit out the words while leaving the music behind them intact.

Ahh, 16 posts before the first "helpful" answer. This is why i love the Pit.

EDIT: Unless you count guitarhero_764's post. Which I don't.

Because he's a whore
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
who cares if you dont like cussing. dont listen to the song. otherwise just deal with it the world wont end bc someone said a potty word
You can edit music files in Audacity, but you'd really need the vocal track to edit out the words while leaving the music behind them intact.

Ahh, 16 posts before the first "helpful" answer. This is why i love the Pit.

EDIT: Unless you count guitarhero_764's post. Which I don't.

Because he's a whore
Oh yeah?

Well your grandma's a *****
Quote by guitarhero_764
Oh yeah?

Well your grandma's a *****

Yeah?

Well your ***** is a grandma!

(That's right, suck it.)
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
haha, don't worry I expected the trivial answers, thanks for your suggestion Gunpowder. Its not that I can't handle a four letter word, I just prefer not to listen to them. Plus maybe I'm trying to set a good example and encourage people to use better words then four letter words. Since when is that a bad thing. Granted, the context of a word is important, but if I choose not to put that into my ears and my brain the least some of you could have is a bit of understanding, why not?
Quote by Gunpowder
Yeah?

Well your ***** is a grandma!

(That's right, suck it.)

Well your ***** is a nun

/operation mindcrime

edit: wtf ts, I helped you first

...douchebags

EDIT: DAMN IT
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
haha, don't worry I expected the trivial answers, thanks for your suggestion Gunpowder. Its not that I can't handle a four letter word, I just prefer not to listen to them. Plus maybe I'm trying to set a good example and encourage people to use better words then four letter words. Since when is that a bad thing. Granted, the context of a word is important, but if I choose not to put that into my ears and my brain the least some of you could have is a bit of understanding, why not?

On the other hand why?

Quote by GoodCharloteSux

But what the hell makes saying "**** you" and "Screw you" any different when the sentiment is the same? Why is it any different to say dick or penis? It's still just a body part. The point is, you're not doing a good thing, you're doing an unnecessary, misguided thing.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
^ the difference is one is vulgar and the other is not. In your opinion its misguided, but who are you to tell others what is correct and incorrect, your a 16 year old with a keyboard and probably a bad haircut.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
^ the difference is one is vulgar and the other is not. In your opinion its misguided, but who are you to tell others what is correct and incorrect, your a 16 year old with a keyboard and probably a bad haircut.

*facepalm*

What do haircuts have to do with anything?
Quote by GoodCharloteSux

Ah, so you've got so desperate that you've resorted to random insults which don't even have any basis in reality? Thanks, I needed a laugh.

Well, looking at it logically, telling someone their hair looks fucking stupid and telling someone that they have a ridiculously terrible haircut is essentially going to deliver the same message. One is mildly more blunt, but both will damage their pride and self-confidence.

The only reason that it's considered vulgar is because society has decided it's vulgar. If society decided your face was vulgar (which it probably is, to stoop to your level ), would it be fair to make you wear a bag over your head? The general consensus is not necessarily correct. The Nazis were democratically elected, that doesn't mean society was right to appoint Hitler as their leader.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
^ I was insinuating that he is a trendster kid who thinks its rebellious to curse and be all moody grrrr....

All I asked for was a program suggestion to edit mp3's not some pompous child's view on why I am wrong for choosing to edit music.

Edit: Wow my eyes have been opened. You are so right, rebel against society. Express your freedom of speech and do and say whatever you like. Society says murder is bad, you want to go kill a guy to prove a point. Society ain't your boss! You told society!

I don't like curse words, so I choose not to use them or listen to them under my free will. You do, yay! Congrats!
Last edited by GoodCharloteSux at May 13, 2008,
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
^ I was insinuating that he is a trendster kid who thinks its rebellious to curse and be all moody grrrr....

I guess that went way over my head
Quote by GiantRaven
*facepalm*

What do haircuts have to do with anything?

Actually, I managed to incorporate it into my argument.

I'm going to bed. I doubt you'll actually be able to refute my points, as they're bulletproof and watertight.

Another analogy for explanation:
I could start a new language where hello and **** are swapped around. Would you refuse to say hello, because it's swearing, albeit in a different language? Would you refuse to greet people conventionally because it's swearing in English?

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by GoodCharloteSux

All I asked for was a program suggestion to edit mp3's not some pompous child's view on why I am wrong for choosing to edit music.

I'm not, I just think that you're being needlessly uptight about the matter, and I'm trying to make the point that whilst it's not necessary to swear constantly or anything, it's as much language as anything else, just a sound we make or shapes we create on a surface. There shouldn't be a stigma around any words, just the way they're used.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by GoodCharloteSux

Edit: Wow my eyes have been opened. You are so right, rebel against society. Express your freedom of speech and do and say whatever you like. Society says murder is bad, you want to go kill a guy to prove a point. Society ain't your boss! You told society!

I don't like curse words, so I choose not to use them or listen to them under my free will. You do, yay! Congrats!

*facepalm*

The point has gone way over your head...

EDIT: Apologies for the triple post. Also, you've kinda flamed me several times, which uses the same sentiment as swear words, whereas I've remained fairly civil (apart from my first post, which was partially ironic anyway).

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Actually, I managed to incorporate it into my argument.

I'm going to bed. I doubt you'll actually be able to refute my points, as they're bulletproof and watertight.

Another analogy for explanation:
I could start a new language where hello and **** are swapped around. Would you refuse to say hello, because it's swearing, albeit in a different language? Would you refuse to greet people conventionally because it's swearing in English?

How about you try that for a day. Announce first go to your principle and say that word instead of Hello. Or to your mother. But its okay, because your breaking boundaries. Go for it, you know what, you're the next Martin Luther King. Break-Me-In holds rally today to protect the decency of the act of Fornicating Under The Consent Of The King. This man can't be stopped, Oh whats that mother got you by the ear and is beating you with a belt? Don;t worry, he'll get a tribal arm tattoo and an earring in his left ear and for a couple of years he'll hang out with the wrong crowd, because thats what rebels do! You have transformed my beliefs, how can I join your glorious following. Please, messiah of the curse, help me to become so cool and hardcore.
Last edited by GoodCharloteSux at May 13, 2008,
Quote by break-me-in
*facepalm*

The point has gone way over your head...

EDIT: Apologies for the triple post. Also, you've kinda flamed me several times, which uses the same sentiment as swear words, whereas I've remained fairly civil (apart from my first post, which was partially ironic anyway).

Flame you? I want to be you! Such a cool guy with such originality, despite the fact that modern society doesn't approve of the big bad words you use. Such an open minded person like you could understand how using such words can make you sound like you have the education of a high school dropout.

Thats my point, I don;t cringe every time I hear a curse I just don't use them nor do I prefer it in my music. Is it the end of the world if there is a swear word. NO, but if I can take them out and enjoy teh musicianship of such bands then I shouldn't be attacked for that.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
How about you try that for a day. Announce first go to your principle and say that word instead of Hello. Or to your mother. But its okay, because your breaking boundaries. Go for it, you know what, you're the next Martin Luther King. Break-Me-In holds rally today to protect the decency of the act of Fornicating Under The Consent Of The King. This man can't be stopped, Oh whats that mother got you by the ear and is beating you with a belt? Don;t worry, he'll get a tribal arm tattoo and an earring in his left ear and for a couple of years he'll hang out with the wrong crowd, because thats what rebels do! You have transformed my beliefs, how can I join your glorious following. Please, messiah of the curse, help me to become so cool and hardcore.

lol you just firmly cemented the fact you lost this debate

eh^ its not about losing or winning, its about finding a program that would help me to edit some mp3's.But, typical pit
we told you 2

good point, I guess thread done lol.....
Page 1 of 2