The forum topic is the essy topic i have to right about. I was wondering Wht your view on violence video games is. Thanks

BTW: the reason i am asking this is so i can get ideas
that its not real
and that anyone that takes it as real, is a fool
and anyone that reinacts a scene from a video game eg gta has had somthing gone wrong in their life...

you get my point

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

I am also trying to decide if i should say no or yes in video games but saying yes i think it might be easier. I just have to collect several reasons Wt there should be or no violence. But i mite say yes.
Only weaklings who have pussyass genes get influenced by violence in video games and attack people in real life. Really, those people just deserve to die.

You can write that in your essay and then discuss if it would be a good idea to breed a superhuman race that only has good genes. Instant A+, trust me.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
My guess is that we all have that basic instinct to be powerful, and I think somewhere lines got crossed and we came out with the conclusion that: guns=power and taking a life=power.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
oh and we need to feel like we are crossing a line, like we are out of the constrictions that society has placed for us.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Violence in video games has no influence on me.

However, when people don't use the search bar, I sometimes chop off their limbs and keep those in the freezer.

EDIT: Fine, useful information... Keep in mind that there were 2 world wars before the advent of computer violence and there have been none since.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at May 13, 2008,
i wrote this is in a very similar post recently:

the world wasnt exactly sunshine, marshmallows and happiness before video games came along. parents go out and buy their kids whatever they want if they whine enough, and dont teach them to take things in context, and when something goes wrong, they blame the game instead of their bad parenting. parents should also know if their child is stable enough to see such images, and do some research before they buy such things.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i wrote this is in a very similar post recently:

the world wasnt exactly sunshine, marshmallows and happiness before video games came along. parents go out and buy their kids whatever they want if they whine enough, and dont teach them to take things in context, and when something goes wrong, they blame the game instead of their bad parenting. parents should also know if their child is stable enough to see such images, and do some research before they buy such things.

Indeed
If your life is by anyway influenced by media-orientated violence, then you need help no matter what.
Quote by SP3CIAL F0RC3
The forum topic is the essy topic i have to right about. I was wondering Wht your view on violence video games is. Thanks

BTW: the reason i am asking this is so i can get ideas

graduate kindergarten first
People who are effected by violence in video games already have something wrong with them in the first place.
If someone is stupid enough to be that affected by games they should not be allowed to play them, nor be allowed out of a padded cell. That and certificates are there for a reason, if parents ignore them its their fault.
You should write an essay about how violence in videogames is awesome.
Violence is video games is perfectly fine. To quote Thumbsucker "What we need to teach our children is skepticism; that what they see on TV, or in video games, or in movies isn't real."
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
We were discussing this in a class of mine earlier this semester and my prof. shows us a news clip where they interview a mother who bought GTA for her 10 (something like that) year old son for Christmas but hadn't given it to him yet (the interview aired before X-mas). They then showed her clips of the game. Her face was priceless. She then said she wasn't going to give the game to her son.

Basically, parents can be really stupid and ignorant about what they're buying their kids.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Entertainment purposes. Pretty much the reason I play any video game. 666_Pounder is exactly right. I couldn't have said it better.
Why we should have them, or why we shouldn't ban them?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by SP3CIAL F0RC3
Why we should have them

There is no advantage to having non-educational video games besides entertainment. The only feasible argument is why they shouldn't be banned.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Well, hacking people up with a chainsaw is fun in videogames. I doubt it is in real life(unless you, the hacker, really dislike the hackee), but I'm not going to conduct research into this.
i say yes. a survey was done, taking 1000 kids from each state in the US and asking if they played violent video games and it's been proven that not playing video games makes you violent. an example is the murderer at virginia tech. his parents and roommate said he never played a video games ever. his parents said the only video game he ever played was Sonic the Hedgehog when he was 6
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
i say yes. a survey was done, taking 1000 kids from each state in the US and asking if they played violent video games and it's been proven that not playing video games makes you violent. an example is the murderer at virginia tech. his parents and roommate said he never played a video games ever. his parents said the only video game he ever played was Sonic the Hedgehog when he was 6

Exactly...it's a healthy place to take out some aggressions...I record dark ambient music....not cause i'm evil...but because it is a healthy way to get through my demons
I think violence in videogames is perfectly fine. We see significantly worse things in films, but no one ever complains about those. Videogames are just another medium of entertainment. Parents have no right to complain about the content of the videogames because the rating system was made specifically for them. If they choose to ignore it and then suddenly the next day Timmy's blowing up hookers on the Panasonic, it's no one's fault but their own. The system was made so that parents wouldn't end up giving their children a videogame with potentially harmful content. If parents don't like what's in a videogame, they simply shouldn't buy it for their child.
I really love your statment madbasslover I might just use the paragraph and rearange it and put it as my third paragraph.
I think it is fun, it is also fictional and doesn't harm anybody. I am old enough to play adult games btw.
Violence is fun. I dont care what you Jack Thompson juniors have to say. While many "claim " it leads to violent acts, many studies show its actually therepudic. Im a perfect example. After a long day at work or school, i kick back and blow some sh*t up in GTA4. I feel great afterward. I got my anger and frustration out without ever actually harming anyone.
?!
Quote by ishalleatyou
that its not real
and that anyone that takes it as real, is a fool
and anyone that reinacts a scene from a video game eg gta has had somthing gone wrong in their life...

you get my point

but then again, the computer gaming industry pushes constantly for more realism in game, photorealistic graphics etc...

at what point is something which is visually realistic, perhaps even indistinguishable from real images of violence considered "real" in our minds?
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Violence in video games have no effect on anybody, all of those muders blamed on video games should rather be blamed on terrible parents, or bad environment, or most likely both in a way.
Personally I've been gaming since I was 4 years old, as I live in a place where there are no one at my age and several miles to someone that is, so gaming became a vital part of my childhood. I still remember clearly sitting at the age of 5, starting up DooM in dos to play it with my brother, and as I became older I also played with his friends. It was awesome.
DooM, Duke Nukem 3D, Quake, Warcraft 2 etc., all of those games I played before I reached the age of 10, and I have never even started a fight, however I have been in fights with people, but most of those people are today in some kind of mental institution or similar.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by madbasslover
I think violence in videogames is perfectly fine. We see significantly worse things in films, but no one ever complains about those. Videogames are just another medium of entertainment. Parents have no right to complain about the content of the videogames because the rating system was made specifically for them. If they choose to ignore it and then suddenly the next day Timmy's blowing up hookers on the Panasonic, it's no one's fault but their own. The system was made so that parents wouldn't end up giving their children a videogame with potentially harmful content. If parents don't like what's in a videogame, they simply shouldn't buy it for their child.

is madbasslover the only smart and mature man here?