and i mean really small.

i need to get an 3 inch long guitar design to the size of a full guitar.
anyone got a good method for this???

and nothing that has to do with photoshop or CAD, cause i dont have 'em
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
and i mean really small.

i need to get an 3 inch long guitar design to the size of a full guitar.
anyone got a good method for this???

How about the squares method?

Subdivide your little drawing into a bunch of equally-sized squares... then make another sheet with said squares enlarged by your scale factor.

THEN.. redraw one square at a time.
thats my first choice, but last time i did that, i measured wrong and had to redo the whole thing

im looking for a method to cross check so i dont screw up
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
guitarplansunlimited may be your answer
he does custom designs for less than 50 bucks.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
true, if i can get the money, it sure beats screwing up any day!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
You need a much bigger one than that. You can do it, but it is much less accurate if the picture is smaller. A easy and the most accurate method is via the fingerboard. You must know what the length of the real size fingerboard though. Like say you have a 25.5 inch scale guitar in your model. Measure the length to the tenth of a millimeter of your neck. The neck of a 25.5 inch scale guitar is 648mm. Do the division 648 / X and then you have your multiplication factor. Then you measure everything and multiply it.
Okay here is what i do to upscale a small drawing. You get your picture printed on to a transluecency, the you put in on an overhead projector and you keep moving it around until the distance between the nut and bridge is the desired scale length, Say 25.5. It works everytime and anyone who dis-credits this does not know what they are talking about
Quote by Bass-man43
Okay here is what i do to upscale a small drawing. You get your picture printed on to a transluecency, the you put in on an overhead projector and you keep moving it around until the distance between the nut and bridge is the desired scale length, Say 25.5. It works everytime and anyone who dis-credits this does not know what they are talking about

HAH!

Crap, I should have thought of that.

Listen to this man, he has the answer!
I had a drawing enlarged at a copying place. Cost me £1.50. If I was you I would redraw the drawing full size- I'm sorry but 3 inches?
Quote by Bass-man43

thaz wat i was going to say
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Adobe illustrator. draw around the pic then with the rulers on scale it to the right size and get a printer company if they will print it on one sheet of paper for you. that's what I would do.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x
Quote by funguy
Adobe illustrator. draw around the pic then with the rulers on scale it to the right size and get a printer company if they will print it on one sheet of paper for you. that's what I would do.

Read his first post:
Quote by AngusJimiKeith

If he doesn't have Photoshop, then he won't have Illustrator.
major bump....

anyway, thanks for the ideas, but as for anything with the neck- its only a drawing of the body
judging by these responses, i might go to the nearest copy shop

considering i dont have access to an overhead F***in projecter, which really pisses me off

thanks for the help!

EDIT: oh yeah, be lookin out for this build over the summer!
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking