i just went out to samash and bought my SECOND valve junior, after the first one didnt work (got that one from musiciansfriend). i turn it on, and the switch lights up, indicating that its getting power, but the tubes do not warm up, and i do not hear sound. anyone who can help?

other question-

what do you use to connect the valve junior to the epiphone 1x12 cabinet? i heard u werent supposed to use a guitar cable...what cable do you use then?
A speaker cable. Go to a music shop and ask for one. If you turned the amp on without a cab hooked up it's not surprising that it broke.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by TUMFP
You're not connected to your extension? Fore warning, that blow your head out.

no i am connected to the speaker cabinet. i used a regular monster cable? does it matter?

and i hooked everything up before turning the head on. the tubes just wont warm up
Wait... so you used a guitar cable to connect your EVJ to it's cab?

Your head asplode.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at May 13, 2008,
Quote by darkarbiter7
Wait... so you used a guitar cable to connect your EVJ to it's cab?

Your head asplode.

wtf is the difference between a guitar cable and a speaker cable? theyre both 1/4 cables wtf does it matter?
Quote by TUMFP
I don't know my specifics, but 1/4" is just its connector/adpater. That has nothing to do with what is inside.

it shouldnt matter and thats not the point

the point is, the tubes arent warming up. any idea?
Quote by GNRjungle87
it shouldnt matter and thats not the point

For fuck's sake, A GUITAR CABLE AND A SPEAKER CABLE ARE NOT THE SAME THING. Do I need to beat you over the head with a speaker cable to get the point across?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
For fuck's sake, A GUITAR CABLE AND A SPEAKER CABLE ARE NOT THE SAME THING. Do I need to beat you over the head with a speaker cable to get the point across?

THE POINT IS THAT THE TUBES ARENT WARMING UP.

do you have any idea why thats happening?
Quote by TUMFP
Possibly the overload, without the proper cable, blew your power transformer (I think that is it), and thus is not powering your tubes.

Explained it for you.
Quote by GNRjungle87
THE POINT IS THAT THE TUBES ARENT WARMING UP.

do you have any idea why thats happening?

Well the two are related is the point everyone is trying to make. The resistance in the speaker cables is much higher and because of that the power transformer can blow if you use a guitar cable. That would cause your tubes not to warm up.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by GNRjungle87
wtf is the difference between a guitar cable and a speaker cable? theyre both 1/4 cables wtf does it matter?

It's like different kinds of fuel for a vehicle.
For example, just because water fits in your gasoline tank (for a standard internal combustion vehicle), doesn't mean that it'll work.
So, the same principle carries over to 1/4" cables. Just because it fits, doesn't mean that it'll work.

Maybe the car example wasn't that great, but you know what I mean.

Also, didn't the amp come with a manual or something? Because on my friend's blackheart, it came with a manual, which stated all over the place to not use instrument cable to connect the head to cab.

You may have fried something in your amp.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
It's like different kinds of fuel for a vehicle.
For example, just because water fits in your gasoline tank (for a standard internal combustion vehicle), doesn't mean that it'll work.
So, the same principle carries over to 1/4" cables. Just because it fits, doesn't mean that it'll work.

Maybe the car example wasn't that great, but you know what I mean.

Also, didn't the amp come with a manual or something? Because on my friend's blackheart, it came with a manual, which stated all over the place to not use instrument cable to connect the head to cab.

You may have fried something in your amp.

so what do i do now?
Check your warranty.
Pray that you can get it replaced.
Maybe you may be better off going for a combo next time.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator