I'm thinking about getting this baby. I saw it and was intrigued. A semi-hollow Strat? Really?
I haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I've found a few reviews online, and they say it's perfect for jazz, but suited to other styles (perfect, I love jazz and Queens Of The Stone Age-style rock).

Anyone played it and approve, or am I better off getting a more traditional big jazz box?
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I just recently bought an AS93 and I couldn't be happier with it. There's no problem with the playability, in fact I think I play better on it than my Strat. I got it from Sam Ash for about $450 USD but its list price is closer to this.

The AJD91 only has 1 tone and 1 volume knob which is somewhat limiting and you would probably be happier and better off with more tonal variety. That's the reason I suggested the other guitar, since they seem pretty comparable.

I've had no problems playing harder rock/metal with my Ibanez as it doesn't feedback too badly and its cleans for jazz are amazing.
Thanks, man.
I like the AS as well, it's my second choice if the AJD doesn't work out.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
bump

any opinions regarding versatility outside of jazz... rock, blues?
I've owned a couple of artcore models. They sound great but have neck/intonation problems.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
I've never played an Artcore with neck or intonation problems. The only problem I would see with versatility is what was already said about the number of tone/volume knobs.
Best $150.00 I ever wasted... got a cute little Drive amp and a decent Ibanez soft bag too... Plays good, but I'm strictly a rhythm player... I know this is an old post, but I was just trying to get dollar values for a lot of my more recent "acquisitions"... Glad to see I didn't get ripped off... LOVE the bridge... gotta try and get one like that for the SG next!!
Last edited by Zoner McPherson at Jan 8, 2015,