I've been wanting a tone like Malmsteen, Petrucci, and Jason Becker, and this strat really caught my eye the other day:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-American-Special-Mahogany-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-511165-i1168160.gc

Needless to say, this guitar has a humbucker in the bridge position, and was think =ing if I threw in a DiMarzio Evolution or Humbucker From Hell, I could achieve a tone like them. I really don't have any experience in changing pickups... is there a site I could go to that could help explain it pretty good?
Ibanez is a pretty good brand for shredding. They come with decent DiMarzios, although they still aren't great. You should take a look at the S470 or a couple RGs.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Malmsteen uses a Single coil stratocaster.

I personally use Jacksons. I like the feel and the sound. I do also recommend Ibanez.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Quote by Someone18
Malmsteen uses stacked single coils, doesn't he?

Yeah, I've got a YJM in my strat.

Dimarzio has wiring schematics on their site. If you choose to stick with pickups of the same brand (all Dimarzios in this case), it would be as simple as following the color-coded wires.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.