Index Finger for G string
Middle Finger for B string
Ring finger for High E string
Thumb is used for the Low E, A and D strings
Might find this vid helpful
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=uGpJNGJOJWI

and check justinguitar.com there is a lesson for fingerpicking that helped me a lot.
Quote by bender424
use your finger

warning for you. we have no need for useless comments here.

as for the question.... i play it like so:

thumb for the A string
index finger for the D string
middle finger for the G string
ring finger for the B string

the first phrase is a C chord played like this:

e----------------
b--1-------1-----
g------0-------0-
d----2-------2---
a--3-----3-------
e----------------

i play it with the following fingers in the following order:

thumb and ring
index
middle
thumb
ring
index
middle

you may find it easier to use your middle finger on the g string AND the b string instead of using your ring finger for the b. either way is fine.
You can play whatever way you feel comfortable. At first I played with four fingers, each one for one string (I moved my hand if I had to reach low E or high E string). But I found that I can play much way faster by using only three fingers, moving my thumb up and down to play EAD strings and keeping other three fingers on GBE strings.
Quote by ajandrius
You can play whatever way you feel comfortable. At first I played with four fingers, each one for one string (I moved my hand if I had to reach low E or high E string). But I found that I can play much way faster by using only three fingers, moving my thumb up and down to play EAD strings and keeping other three fingers on GBE strings.

that is the way I do it as well.
Quote by ajandrius

I agree.. I started playing this song with the thumb for eAD, the index and middle are played for the rest of the strings GBE..playing the finger picking in the most comfortable style is very effective