looks like a jaguar or a jazzmaster or something of that nature. I'm not sure of the details, but that'll be close.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
On the actual recording I believe he just uses a Strat.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
looks like a jagstang...but that may not be the one he used on the album. oftentimes they use different guitars in the videos...
just out of curiosity, who played the guitar in that song? i thought it was probably frusciante, but if that's him in the video, he looks way different now, so i figured it was probably someone else... anyone know off the top of their heads?
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Yes that is John Frusciante (17 years ago) and yes that's a Fender Jaguar. He might've used a reissue Strat on the actual recording though. He doesn't have that Jaguar anymore though cause it was destroyed in a house fire.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
It was John. He used a Jaguar/Jazzmaster type guitar. The sound on it is different than when they play it live on his Strat, so im pretty sure he used that guitar to record with as well. He does look alot different, I think he had a buzz then, and now he looks a bit hippie-ish with his really long hair.
That's John on his Jag.

I think he did record it on the Jag, despite saying that he used two Strats and a 12 String Maton on BSSM.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by GNRjungle87
looks like a jagstang...but that may not be the one he used on the album. oftentimes they use different guitars in the videos...

cant be a jagstang....Kurt Cobain had a hand in the jagstang!!!
Last edited by higgins1979 at May 17, 2008,
It's not a Tele or a Strat or a Jagstang. It's a Jaguar or a Jazzmaster as several people have already mentioned. The Jag and Jazz look pretty much identical.
Quote by MudaFoka
It's not a Tele or a Strat or a Jagstang. It's a Jaguar or a Jazzmaster as several people have already mentioned. The Jag and Jazz look pretty much identical.

they are near identical body wise but Jazzmasters never come in that colour only jaguars do and jaguars have single coils and jazzmasters have soap bar pickups (basically single coils.... i think)
Quote by rhcp_freak
That's John on his Jag.

I think he did record it on the Jag, despite saying that he used two Strats and a 12 String Maton on BSSM.

About 10 years ago a buddy luthier let me borrow for a night a 64 Strat and 65 Jag Serie L that some dude dropped at his place for cleaning and restoration.

I ran both straight into a bunch of fender and marshall tube amps.

I'm 95% sure "under the bridge" was recorded with a strat, marshall amp (superlead ?), neck pickup, extra-light strings (eventually light strings with an extra light bottom), tone knob completely open, pickup height adjusted a lot closer to the strings than what I usually see, but slightly further away from the bottom strings than the high strings. I'll leave 5% incertainty in case he recorded the jag through a heavy handed compressor pre-amp.

The guitar on the song has an unmistakable bell ringing that the jag did not have.
The jag had more of "chunk" attack when you hit the strings, and the treble strings couldn't sustain as long as neither the strat, neither the recording.

Just thought I'd share this if anyone is thinking of buying a jag just for the song.
Last edited by ColdGin at May 19, 2008,