So, i've been playing for about 6 months now and i've been looking to get some better gear. My guitar is a Fender Starcaster and my amp is a Marshall MG 15dfx. I know the amp is pretty bad, but i was wondering should i replace the amp or the guitar? I've tried some different brands, but i do like marshall best so i was thinking of a http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG100HDFX-MG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package-482807-i1145908.gc and as for guitars, a http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Classic-Electric-Guitar-101958429-i1147482.gc The main reason im thinking of just saving for the LP is that i dont do gigs or anything so im not sure im really in need of a better amp over a guitar.
Marshall MGs are bad. Getting a bigger one just makes things worse.

Also, about 2/3 of your budget should go on your amp. Maybe go for an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and a small valve amp. What kind of music do you play?
What's your budget?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by blue_strat
Marshall MGs are bad. Getting a bigger one just makes things worse.

Also, about 2/3 of your budget should go on your amp. Maybe go for an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and a small valve amp. What kind of music do you play?

I play mostly classic rock. Also, what marshall amp would you say i should get?
Is the guitar comfortable to play?
If it isn't, I suggest buying a new guitar, one that plays better.
It you are happy with the guitar, then buy a better amp.
amp. i'd stray from marshalls because you're not going to be able to get a decent one without dropping a serious amount of money, and there are plenty of great brands out there.
The good Marshall amps start at the JCM800 - the MG and AVT series are crap, and the DSL and TSLs are good, but not fantastic.

Look into Traynors and Peavey Classics - they have the same kind of overdrive, and you get a better tone for less cash.
Quote by Shinozoku
What's your budget?

I'd say maybe anything up to 1,500$ i can just save up cash
For $1500, I would get something along the lines of a Traynor or a Peavey Classic 30, then you'll have plenty left over to get a new guitar if you want (go for higher end Epiphone Les Pauls if that's what you're looking for).
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
For $1500, I would get something along the lines of a Traynor or a Peavey Classic 30, then you'll have plenty left over to get a new guitar if you want (go for higher end Epiphone Les Pauls if that's what you're looking for).

Do you think there's that much of a difference between a high end Epiphone LP and a Gibson LP classic?