Well I started a thread on this topic before but i never understood it so i'm asking what an harmonic is and can you tell me a good example.
What kind of harmonic?

Natural?
Pinch?
Artificial?

Either way, "Ocean Planet" and "Heaviest Matter in the Universe" by Gojira have THE best pinch harmonics I have ever heard in any band ever.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Zakk Wyldes pinch ha-

*dies*

I'd say the harmonics in Nevermore's 'Insignificant' are nice as hell.
Quote by metaldud536
The greatest harmonics would be sweep picking nothing but pinch harmonics. Only Jesus can do that.

It's possible, I've seen it done.
what is an harmonic in general?
Last edited by Myxer at May 13, 2008,
The beginning of More Than A Feeling after the few few arpeggios. And Tornado of Souls' intro riff.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by metaldud536
The greatest harmonics would be sweep picking nothing but pinch harmonics. Only Jesus can do that.
hmm... I now sure that's even possible show proof.... and i've tried to do it no luck
If you get in depth harmonic nodes are IMO rather complicated. I bet wikipedia or google would explain it better than I want to.

Also, Portrait of Tracy by Jaco Pastorius.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZR52Mw7uRyM
The part where plucks way high up on the neck. that's a harmonic.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Barracuda by Heart has some nice harmonics with a bit of trem on the end of em. And the very end of Who Are You? by The Who has some nice ones. As for pinch harmonics, I myself like theway that Claudio Sanchez of Coheed and Cambria throws em in in his solos, like in Ten Speed or Welcome Home.