Well I'm Going to get a new guitar that has a Licensed Floyd rose buy I hate the cheap crappy factory strings plus there always to thin. So I'm planning on putting some heavyer gauge strings but does anyone know how many more springs I'll have to put into my tremolo system ?

I'll most likely use these stringshttp://www.guitarcenter.com/D-Addario-ECG26-Chromes-Medium-Gauge-Electric-Guitar-Strings-100294-i1122116.gc
and the guitar I'm getting is a Dean Razorback V 255
hehe...good luck.
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
You may not need to put more springs in the guitar, maybe just tighten them.

Going from a standard gauge string to that set you will most likely need to adjust truss rod tension as well.

If you are buying the guitar new, it may be worth asking them if they can put the strings on and set it up before you take it away, especially if you haven't done a full setup on a guitar before.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
Quote by Perturabo
You may not need to put more springs in the guitar, maybe just tighten them.

Going from a standard gauge string to that set you will most likely need to adjust truss rod tension as well.

If you are buying the guitar new, it may be worth asking them if they can put the strings on and set it up before you take it away, especially if you haven't done a full setup on a guitar before.

Well I'm ordering it online so its going to come through the mail.
Are you purchasing the guitar or strings online?
Quote by darkstar2466

guitar and im gonna buy the strings probably at the store or probably from online also.
What tuning are you going to have this guitar in?

No matter what tuning it's in, I would get it professionally set up. You have the tremolo tension, truss rod and intonation to adjust with those strings.

No matter where you buy it from, it may be worth asking if they can get it set up as you want straight away. It can't hurt to ask.
Quote by darkstar2466

This is the second thread that I've seen within the week where someone abbreviated "Licensed Floyd Rose" as "LFC." Am I missing something here...?
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
^No, people are just wrong.

TS, why not save yourself some hassle and NOT get a Razorback? For that kind of money you could get a great Ibanez, or even a Jackson Demmelition V, which is the EXACT SAME GUITAR with an OFR rather than LFR.
This is the second time myself.

The first thread was "LFC or OFC?" Or something similar. I think its from "KFC", which is pretty funny that people are using that. (If thats the case)>
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13