This time I know what my topic is about but I rarely hear it used in the music I listen. what artists or band make the best use of arpeggios.

Oh I thought Fall Out Boy was a terrible band. but then I heard The Jonas Brothers if I was god I would decree that any and all guitar they touch to burn on contact with their hands.... Yes they are that bad my ear hurt from that noise they call music
well Yngwie Malmsteen is known for his use of arpeggios, so check out his stuff.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Pretty much all neoclassical shred metal. Well I dunno, they kinda overdo it really.
1)wrong forum
2)do you mean sweeped arpeggios?
3)what does you not liking FOB and the Jonas Brothers have anything to do with the topic

check out songs like Alaska by Between the Buried and Me, Veila Together We Await The Strom by the Human Abstract, and Vices like Vipers by Oh, Sleeper. Punk/hardcore bands aren't big on sweeped arpeggios though.

edit: I see that 2/3 of these bands are already in your favorites. and like original=punk said, arpeggios are way overused in metalcore, you won't have to look to far to find them.
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at May 13, 2008,
Are you saying that metal and your so-called "hardcore" bands don't use arpeggios often? If so, you need ears, they're OVER-used.

(I hope to god you mean hardcore as in Black Flag hardcore, and not Hatebreed tough-guy metalcore. Because if you mean Hardcore-hardcore, then you will never find a swept arpeggio, or you'll need to listen to alot of bands to hear it once, but a couple times in Greg Ginn's solos, he sorta of does a 3 note upwards arpeggiation, doesn't really count though.)
Last edited by original=punk at May 13, 2008,
Real hardcore bands rarely ever use lead guitar so arppeggios are rarely used too... But you do get a lot of melodic hardcore band that use them and post-hardcore use them...

but metal is just chopped full of arppeggios from early metallica, to just about every power metal and metalcore band to melodic death metal. Arppeggios are extremely important part of metal...
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
^I seriously doubt he's referring to Black Flag hardcore, As I Lay Dying is listed as one of his favorite bands.

Edit- @ original=punk.
Quote by shred745
^I seriously doubt he's referring to Black Flag hardcore, As I Lay Dying is listed as one of his favorite bands.

Edit- @ original=punk.

We must now hit him with a rolled-up newspaper and say "No! Bad doggy!"
I'm starting to realize half you people don't know what a ****in' arppeggio is... Sweeping isn't the only form of Arppeggio, believe or not a arppeggio is a broken chord you can do single string arppeggios, sweep a arppeggio, and pick arppeggios...
Quote by Tapping_Ninja
I'm starting to realize half you people don't know what a ****in' arppeggio is... Sweeping isn't the only form of Arppeggio, believe or not a arppeggio is a broken chord you can do single string arppeggios, sweep a arppeggio, and pick arppeggios...

No.
Effing.
Way.
Quote by original=punk

No.
Effing.
Way.

Crazy I know...
Quote by Tapping_Ninja

... I'm pretty sure most of us realize that. Though I admit that I automatically assumed TS meant sweeping because he had mentioned metal. =P
I use arpeggios a lot, and definitely not in a metal or hardcore context.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Tapping_Ninja

it seemed pretty safe to assume that he meant swept arpeggios even though he didn't necessarily specify it.
Arpeggio has the word "egg" in it. Not enough people point this out. I just feel I should be the one to mention it and do the word the justice it deserves. That is all.
Quote by Tapping_Ninja

Considering the styles of music he's talking about, it's pretty safe to assume he meant sweep picking.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by MoshMaster101
Arpeggio has the word "egg" in it. Not enough people point this out. I just feel I should be the one to mention it and do the word the justice it deserves. That is all.

also, the word "peg". although if "egg" is removed from arpeggio then you're only left with arpio which has no peg in it. but if you remove peg from arpeggio your left with argio you can then also remove ARG and then plunder the seven seas with a peg where your leg used to be.
thanks you are a big help yeah i listen to it and i can recognise it know thanks
Alot of satan bands use arpeggios like crazy. You'd have to ask my friend though, I'm not really into that stuff so much. Crazy guitar though.