i know most of you will probably say stuff like 'mcr sucks' and 'that guy is nothing special'

but i really belive that ray toro is a GREAT guitarist, not a legend, but possibly an honorable mention (like sysnyster ) , i mean some of the riffs he plays are incredible

anyone think the same?

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I agree, he is completely under-rated, but the newr tracks are showcasing his classic rock style
Making catchy riffs isnt nearly as difficult as making both technical AND catchy riffs ;p

Also playing that **** excuse of music always gets boring...
Quote by Phoenix-Kun
I agree, he is completely under-rated, but the newr tracks are showcasing his classic rock style

+1

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
i know most of you will probably say stuff like 'mcr sucks' and 'that guy is nothing special'

but i really belive that ray toro is a GREAT guitarist, not a legend, but possibly an honorable mention (like sysnyster ) , i mean some of the riffs he plays are incredible

anyone think the same?

agreed on the good guitarist part for Ray. I don't really think Synyster really deserves an honorable mention.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
agreed on the good guitarist part for Ray. I don't really think Synyster really deserves an honorable mention.

Personally i think synyser deserves honerable mention, considering he's inspiring a LOT of kids to pick up an Axe, including myself, that in itself derserves honerable mention. And if you think he isn't a beast on guitar, i dare you to show me something better, in his style

^_^
Quote by Phoenix-Kun

Personally i think synyser deserves honerable mention, considering he's inspiring a LOT of kids to pick up an Axe, including myself, that in itself derserves honerable mention. And if you think he isn't a beast on guitar, i dare you to show me something better, in his style

^_^

i agree, they both are exceptional guitarists!

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
I like Ray Toro, hes great. Although, I also like MCR. I dont really model myself off of him, i pay more Petrucci-esque style, but i still like him.
I grew up playing things like Metallica, and moved on to more modern styles, like Syn, and now i just Push it all together into my style, and i think thats the way it should happen. Take what you know and evolve it
I don't know any MCR songs, which songs is he exceptional in, or what other stuff does he do that show cases his skills?
Quote by lylewithans182
I don't know any MCR songs, which songs is he exceptional in, or what other stuff does he do that show cases his skills?

a good one is Thank You for the Venom

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by Phoenix-Kun

^_^

yeah syn is one of my favorite guitarist, i just love his style. ray toro is not half bad either.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by lylewithans182

Yeah like jcp mentioned Venom has a great solo, some other good ones are "You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison" (the solo), "Dead!" (solo), there's some cool stuff in "Welcome to the Black Parade", um... nothing too spectacular guitar-wise off their first album, though.

Yes, I like MCR. A lot.
He is a pretty good guitarist. He should ditch MCR and start a real rock band.

I like his riff in...It's like number 9 on their second album.

EDIT: It's that "Venom" song.
High as tits
Quote by Phoenix-Kun

^_^

same here. hes the one that got me into guitar and i will forever respect him for that
Gear:
Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter C-1 Elite
Crate GFX65
Korg Toneworks AX1500G pedal board
Morley Wah pedal
There's nothing particularly special about Synyster Gates, kids only like him because he's just about the only shredder they're ever exposed to in modern mainstream music. As such, they don't know anything else and hold him in high regard because they think he's some kind of revolutionary.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
^exactly my point. I think Vai, Satch, YJM, Gilbert, and Buckethead FAR surpass Syn. But that's my opinion, if someone likes A7x, I don't mind.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Phoenix-Kun

that doesn't make him a good guitarist (certainly not live) that just means he get's more mainstream attention. If you wanna judge a guitarist's ability on popularity and not skill then i'd suggest you go buy an issue of rolling stone magazine
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at May 14, 2008,
Quote by jcp42877

anyone think the same?

hey i like MCR, mainly the 1st 2 cds. i think hes a respectable guitarist, but please never compare him to the living legend of syn gates
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112