Page 1 of 2
so. i always hear my mom complain about her job, and my sytepdad who is retired....well.. then my dad always complains about his. and now I have a job. i think my job is pretty cool, a taxidermist assistant. today i had to file and sand the foam molds they use to put the deer heads on. its a pain but its pretty cool because its kinda like sculpting, even though i just flatten lines out and stuff. but does anyone in the pit like their job? everyone these days is complaining, and yes, it WOULD be nice to never work again. but no money.
Mines not bad, I pretty much just move stuff and I get 10 bucks an hour (my first job by the way )
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Yeah, I'm an intern.

Pros: enjoy the work (sometimes), lunch whenever I want, learning stuff, money
Cons: supervisors call me incompetent at least once a week, lol. It's true, but a lot of the questions I ask are because I don't know what's already in place because I just started.

-SD
my job blows i work at bed bath and beyond and you have to say hi to everyone which is so ****ing gay they already got 2 strikes on me for not saying hi to managers
three years
My Gear:
Esp Ec-1000 trans blue
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Yamaha F310
Crate V18
metal muff with top boast
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt Amp
Ernie Ball Slinkys
Monster cable
Jazz III Picks
I'm a dishwasher for a fancy italian restauraunt, it's not bad, cool people to talk to and work with but it sucks when it get's really busy and you fall behind.
I'm 16 working for a graphic design company called CrossCap.
First job. It's fun .
It will definitly help my career and fatten my wallet LOL!
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
i might be getting a job at a local coffee shop that just opened up, i hope its not to bad.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
I work at an electronics retailer. I have to say, the majority of people that come into the store are the kind of people that make you want to shove a pencil in your ear after you're done helping them. The general public can just be down-right retarded sometimes. I can't complain too much though. It's a paycheck...
I love being a line chef.
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
I'm marketing intern. I like it a lot. I mostly design food labels and posters. There's also a lot of data entry and filing... which sucks, but at least it's not customer service.
Quote by 24fRETSoFfURY
My jobs pretty cool most of the time. I build things in 3d (it's kind of like virtual lego).

on the computer or like in mini-scale of stuff?
Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be
on the computer or like in mini-scale of stuff?

On the computer. I build stuff from small sheet metal boxes to large steel frame buildings. At the momant I'm doing a 8 meter diameter rotating arch with these fancy splade edges.
i enjoy mine, i work as a personal trainer going to peoples homes so i work whatever hours i want to and charge whatever i want to...most of the time i charge about $30-$40 /hour so it makes for a good college job.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Quote by SilentDeftone
Yeah, I'm an intern.

Pros: enjoy the work (sometimes), lunch whenever I want, learning stuff, money
Cons: supervisors call me incompetent at least once a week, lol. It's true, but a lot of the questions I ask are because I don't know what's already in place because I just started.

-SD

do you work at Haworth?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by petey gunnz
my job blows i work at bed bath and beyond and you have to say hi to everyone which is so ****ing gay they already got 2 strikes on me for not saying hi to managers

Rofl.

I'm a Calculus tutor. I sit at a desk and wait for people to show up and ask me questions I've solved ten times before.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Quote by SilentDeftone
No.

-SD

Oh... ok, just wondering.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
i work in a spring ''shop''??( idk the word english w/e ) they make spring there and i just do easy stuff , other day i was making wood rack , also sometime i do hole in metal sheet and stuff like that
I get to listen to all the music I want to all day long in the receiving department.I can't complain.
I dig my job. Im a cook at a local bar and grill. Nice people, nice boss, hacky sack all the time, free food, 9 an hour. Cant complain
i hate my job, i work at a dog "hotel" but in reality its just a fancy way they say kennel. I usually watch between 10 to 15 dogs at a time just hump each other constantly. Then i wash dishes and clean up. The constant barking and whining is so damn annoying i just want to punt every dog over the fence we have.
Quote by Heafyman
"IT'S SO SMALL I DON'T NEED THE APPLICATOR! IT FITS TO MY CONTOURS!!" "YES!! MY LABIA JUST GRABS IT LIKE A BIONIC CLAW AND TRACTOR BEAMS IT IN!!"

Yes, I do enjoy my job.

I umpire baseball, and I have played baseball for 11 years and counting, so it keeps me around the game while getting paid .
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Just got hired for a great job. Exterior painting, bass pay of 9 dollars an hour, with a bonus for each house if it;s finish below the alloted time, which will usually work out to me getting about 11 dollars an hour. Plus for every potential customer i get the company i pocket 75 bucks. And an end of summer bonus of 250 bucks. Plus i don't work weekends, and sometimes it's only 3 days a week and i still get paid. Now i get to quit my **** job at the ****ing supermart. **** you superfresh.
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
Mines alright, not great, but not horrible. I work at a walgreens, the only thing making me not quit is that my co-workers are pretty cool.
Although in a couple months I will probably quit and try to get a job as a waiter.
I'm a cashier at Wal-mart, and it's actually not half bad. I enjoy chatting and joking around with the people that come through there.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
I work in a supermarket deli and I ****ing hate it

I just put in my two weeks notice today, **** yes
Lol. I work at McDonald's, how good can my job be? Plus I'm fat now because of it, sweet.
I love my job. I work at a Golf Course as Maintenance. Which is pretty sweet because I just drive around on huge John Deere tractors and cut the lawns and crap. I get payed $11.50/hr and it's sweet money. I get an hour lunch break which is payed, so I get payed $11.50 to eat my sandwich
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
I'm going to be ( hopefully, interview is tomorrow. ) working hours from 10pm until 6:30am. I'm psyched! My first nocturnal summer!!
I enjoy unemployment, yes.
Indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind.
I teach guitar for $20 an hour at a music academy. It's a decent job for being 16.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
I hate my job. Fast food... I'm going to work on getting a job with near-full-time hours for summer though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
I've had jobs I loved, jobs I hated, and jobs I have new perspective on because of the truly terrible. Loved working in the scene shop building sets, but it was a work study position, so it ended when I graduated. Most recently was scoring standardized testing. <shudder> Praise Jesus it was just a temp gig. I'd rather work for my dad again as a general laborer on a construction site than go back to scoring tests. Back in the day, I couldn't wait for the next semester to begin, but being out under the open sky is infinitely preferable to scoring standardized tests, even when it involves putting up handrail at an operating sewage treatment plant with the wind blowing the wrong way.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
Lifeguarding - Loved/Hated it. Great pay, outdoors etc.... Hated my manager though she was a 28 year old life guard overacheiver. 9.00/hr

Autism Center - Loved it I worked one on one with an autistic man who just worked on math worksheets and I offered help when needed. When we weren't doing basic math we listened to music, played guitar, and did various activities together. 10/hr

Job this summer - I dont know yet, I am a laborer for a road crew. The pay is great but I don't know what the work is like hopefully it helps me cut some weight :-)
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Page 1 of 2