Alrighty... so my tale begins as follows.

I was searching the house for a mirror I could use to watch myself play, and examine my hand movements on the fretboard. After I couldn't find one, I returned in defeat to my bedroom to continue practicing, and decided I would just walk into my bathroom and use the mirror in there. I picked up my guitar (Epiphone G-400) and slung the strap over my shoulder. This yielded absolutely no effect, and when I looked down, I saw the end of my guitar strap not connected to my guitar, but hanging freely in the air. "Gadzooks!! What a befuddling conundrum!!" I thought to myself.

Upon reaching for the end of my guitar strap and going to put it back on my guitar, I found that my strap had not simply come off of my guitar, but the whole bolt that was in my guitar had come completely out.

Me, after the incident occurred

Poppycock!! What a flabbergasting contretemps!!

My strap couldn't just come off of the bolt with that much pressure, because I don't have a strap with leather ends. I have this strap that has built in locks at the ends... see below. Unfortunately, there were still fragments of wood holding the screw, which means that now the hole in my guitar is bigger than the diameter of the screw, so I can't just re-attach it. I figure that if I fill the hole with caulk or something, I could get the screw back in. Of course, I would have to fill the caulk to the top, which would require sanding after it dried... but if I sand it, I might damage the finish of my guitar. Which would be more bad news... I just can't handle the stress after all this disaster.

So would caulk be a good idea?

what do you guys recommend?
Attachments:
strap bolt 002.jpg
strap bolt 005.jpg
strap.jpg
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
Take some wood glue and some toothpicks to fill the hole then redrill it. Its a fairly commong thing to do, i've done it with all my guitars when i added straploks.
yep wood glue and toothpicks
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by XgamerGt04
Take some wood glue and some toothpicks to fill the hole then redrill it. Its a fairly commong thing to do, i've done it with all my guitars when i added straploks.

This works very well.

Alternatively, you could drill the hole slightly larger then fill it in w/ a dowel and drill through that.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
So I'm going with the toothpicks and wood glue...

I just tried using caulk and toothpicks, but that worked terribly, considering caulk doesn't harden...

wood glue it is. I'm going to let it harden overnight and then screw it in tomorrow.
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
You could take the lazy way out, and drill a new hole for the strap pin.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
You could take the lazy way out, and drill a new hole for the strap pin.

Even lazier would be to duct tape the strap on.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
I Use Super Glue
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
tooth pick or a match, woodglue. glue stick in. let set over night (best time to glue it is just before you go to bed so you can leave it). reattach in morning. once I knew my strap buttons were going loose i did this and replaced the strap buttons with strp locks.
GEAR:
Epiphone LP special model 2 (Heavily modded - killswitch and custom midi X-Y touch pad).
Digitech Whammy, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Boss Dynamic Wah, Electro harmonix Little Big Muff, Zoom G7.1ut, Digitech Grunge, Korg KP2.
Marshall AVT 50x