i was wondering if anyone had any tutorials on modding a marshall led single footswitch

im looking to change chord so it can be a detachanble patch chord n upradeing all the parts

thanks
Guitars- Gibson SG Stanadard (stock)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Emg 81/85

Amp- Marshall Jcm 2000 DSL/1960 Lead Cab

Pedals- Boss TU-2, Ibanez TS-9, Boss NS-2, Line 6 DL-4, Boss Ph-3, Boss GE-7
well all you would have to do open the enclosure and disconnect the cable from anywhere its soldered and drill in the enclosure to put a jack inside of and solder the connections to where the cable was...

as for upgrading the parts... not really any need... most channel switchers use a cable, and when the hot wire gets connected to ground it changes gain channels... usually i'm assuming that the jcm's works the same way...

my two cents...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
any locking footswitch will do the job for that. the marshall ones are actually pretty good, but i must admit that we swap them for tougher switches at my work, because they can get easily damaged if you stomp on them squint.

why do you want to change the cable to make it detatchable? seams like more trouble than its worth to me. and you'd need to buy a stereo plug and socket. you wouldnt need to drill a new hole, just mount the socket in the hole that the cable runs through.

edit: gnore the bit about it being stereo. thats for the double footswitch...
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...