I have a lot of spare time coming up this summer after I finish college but before I start looking for jobs and what not. (going to enjoy the time before I start working because I'm moving to London on my own )

I want to use this time to get a fair bit of reading done; I will literally read anything.
Personal favourites:
Of mice and men
Pet Sematary
Dark Winter

I'm already planning on reading Frankenstein

Tim
UG tends to recommend clockwork orange, catcher in the rye, and slaughterhouse 5.

i would add any vonnegut, i like them all.
I have no opinion on this matter.
if your into christain literature, "mere christanity" and "the screwtape letters" are great by CS Lewis.

I enjoyed "It" I also reccomend "The Regulators" and "Desperation (in that order) by Stephen King.

and any micheal crichton books.
I can do it!

And so can you!

Last.fm
micheal crichton books
GEAR
Jackson JS30WR with EMG 81/85
Dean Vendetta
Peavey Valveking 212 (tung sol 12ax7 - JJ6l6gc)
Ibanez TS9
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2

Quote by insanitytheband
Hey Im Looking For Some Tech Death Metal In D

Quote by alexyeung
try anything form avenged sevenfold

wtf?
Read Chuck Klosterman books, they're hilarious and awesome.

Also, read High Fidelity by Nick Hornby, Apathy and Other Small Victories by Paul Neilan, and Valis and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Phillip K. Dick
I'm fond of "House of Leaves" - Mark Danielewski
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
If you wanna read a history book you could read the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx. Got that idea from the Communist thread that just sprung up.
The first question I ask myself when something doesn't seem to be beautiful is why do I think it's not beautiful. And very shortly you discover that there is no reason.-John Cage
Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand.
The Legend of Drizzt Series - R.A. Salvatore, if you're into fantasy.
/Thread.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
1984. The entire Harry Potter series. I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell *highly recommend* The Stand.
Though it's a bit abstract in English, Sun Tzu's Art of War is pretty good. Also, since you have so much spare time, I'd read 1984 several times, to get the full effect.
Peace.
Neuromancer - William Gibson.

The epitome of science fiction.

Well, that and Dune.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card. I could not put that book down.

Johnny Got His Gun, by Dalton Trumbo. You know Metallica's song "One?" JGHG is pretty much that song, but in book form.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
i like clive cussler books. they are science fiction but written in a way that they seem plausible. the first time a read one of his books it took me a while to figure out that it wasnt real (i was 12).

GO DIRK PITT!!!
I can recommend the dark tower series
also Fahrenheit 451, brave new world, and 1984 if you want too look at a bleak future. lol
Quote by Zugunruhe
UG tends to recommend clockwork orange, catcher in the rye, and slaughterhouse 5.

i would add any vonnegut, i like them all.

All of these, also, we had to read Frankenstein in my AP Lit class and it was really good.

If you want a specific Kurt Vonnegut reccomendation, Slapstick is probably my favorite.

I just remembered the 2001 series by Arthur C. Clarke, all four of them (2001, 2010, 2061 and 3001) are epic.
Dracula, EVERYTHING dostoevsky has ever written.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
If you like sci-fi/fantasy, give Sharon Shinn's Archangel books a try. Sci-fi that reads like fantasy. Music is very important in the books.
Brevity is the soul of lingerie.
-Dorothy Parker
Dave eggers - what is the what

bryce courtenay - the power of one
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Quote by Ichikurosaki
ANYTHING?

In which case, i reccomend Elfen Lied.

+1
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.

Dark Tower Series by Stephen King
How to Play Guitar
Ultimate-guitar threads
The Bible. Yes, all of it.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -
Anything by Raymond E. Feist. If you can, read the first instalment: The Magician. One of the best series' i have ever read!!
Take a crack at Ulysses by James Joyce. It'll probably take you the whole summer, but it's totally worth it.

I just read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, it's pretty awesome.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I won't have time to read them all but believe me, I'll try and get them all in at some point
Quote by _Tim_
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I won't have time to read them all but believe me, I'll try and get them all in at some point

Dude, if there's one book I recommend to people it's "Three men in a boat" by Jerome K. Jerome. It's absolutely hilarious and has inspired me on many occasions. It's also very poetic at times and very reflecting over the 19th century society (which sounds boring, but jerome makes it fun).
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by _Tim_
I have a lot of spare time coming up this summer after I finish college but before I start looking for jobs and what not. (going to enjoy the time before I start working because I'm moving to London on my own )

I want to use this time to get a fair bit of reading done; I will literally read anything.
Personal favourites:
Of mice and men
Pet Sematary
Dark Winter

I'm already planning on reading Frankenstein

Tim

I recommend reading the "His Dark Materials" trilogy by Phillip Pullman. Excellent series of books, though Tim, I dont think you have the required cranial capacity to understand them you waffle brained dodo head.

>_>

<_<

You better not be moving too far South.... Dont need another of "your" kind down here.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!