I was at Sam Ash today, and they were selling rock band as if it were a real instrument.

When they start selling fake intruments at real instrument stores, i think the line has been crossed.

Comments?
whooaaaaa what?

we have to kill them.

while rock band is fun, it should NOT be associated with real instruments.
Quote by metaldud536
Because there is a bomb in the lasagna!

Quote by Kid_Thorazine
make loud howling noises and throw your feces at them whenever they bring it up, I suggest that your GF does the same.
oh my gosh! that is ridiculous haha. I do agree a line has been crossed. I like rock band, but the only thing close to a real instrument in that is the drums. and vocals i guess, but it is by no means a real instrument. I concur, line crossed!
Quote by happytimeharry

We'll see how badass they truly are after their shins have been ravaged. Shin kicking is serious business.
Yea i saw a guy wearing a rockband shirt today at my school.

he looked really gay
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
I agree completely. I saw GHIII at Guitar Center the last time I was there, and haven't been back. I take my business to the smaller local shop, as I mostly just buy strings, etc... I'll pay the higher prices.
Genius may have its limitations; stupidity is not thus handicapped.
people probably buy it, so why not sell it ?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
money is money to capitalists

It dosn't matter to them, they get the cash, you get the ****

cut and dry, its capitalism
I own rock band, and its very fun. But i do not think they should be trying to turn muscians into rock band players. They should be trying to turn rock band players into muscians.
I see nothing wrong with it. My local shop sells concert dvds alongside their guitars, so why not GH/Rock Band? They're basically interactive concerts (at least, according to Gibson ).

You all need to stop being elitists.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
i saw gh at guitar center too, they also had rock band

just think if ppl put the same time into reel guitar as yhey do guitar hero we prolly wouldn't have so many metal head d-bags
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Quote by PlayMadness
I see nothing wrong with it. My local shop sells concert dvds alongside their guitars, so why not GH/Rock Band? They're basically interactive concerts (at least, according to Gibson ).

+1
"I just one hundred percented dragonforce on expert level" roughly translates as "I am the master at inanely pressing little coloured buttons whilst giving myself AIDS in the eye from how much of a wanker I am"
Quote by MoshMaster101
"I just one hundred percented dragonforce on expert level" roughly translates as "I am the master at inanely pressing little coloured buttons whilst giving myself AIDS in the eye from how much of a wanker I am"

+2
saying real guitar is harder than a video game isn't elitest, its just a fact
Just because I play the drums doesn't mean I suck at guitar, or ams that I's iz stoopidz.

Space that ain't yours
Quote by PlayMadness

I concur.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Why do any of you care. I don't really care if someone enjoys Rock Band or Guitar Hero. So what if they sell it all a guitar store? It doesn't affect you or your purchases. People buy it, why not sell it? Capitalism 101. They sell drums, keyboards, and mics at Guitar Center, should they remove those too?

If some kid in Guitar Center goes, "I can play "Through the Fire and Flames" on expert and you can't even play it on real guitar? Guitar Hero is so much harder," Thats a totally different story. But the mere sell of the game is absolutely nothing to whine about.
While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
Last edited by holden93 at May 13, 2008,
Quote by holden93
Why do any of you care. I don't really care if someone enjoys Rock Band or Guitar Hero. So what if they sell it all a guitar store? It doesn't affect you or your purchases. People buy it, why not sell it? Capitalism 101. They sell drums, keyboards, and mics at Guitar Center, should they remove those too?

Personally, I have nothing against the game. Its good when you've got a couple of mates over. Its when people start getting obsessed and thinking that it's real that it begins to piss me off.

Its like saying darts is a sport. Its a ****ing pub game, Jeez.
that is ridiculous. leave the fake electronics to the wal-marts and best buys. sell guitars and stop selling out. i say we shouldve stopped after ddr. my school recently hosted a gh tournament. i hate the entire idea
No, this is not worth commenting on.
Lord knows I'm weak, won't somebody get me off of this reef...
Quote by the_bear_shark
No, this is not worth commenting on.

Go on maaaaaaaaaan. Be a revel.
Quote by MoshMaster101

"I just mastered the solo to *insert obscure band's song here* with solo and everythin" roughly translates as "I am the master at inanely pressing down on strings held together by a piece of wood while giving myself ego herpes from how much of a douchebag elitist I am"

Really, if it sells people will buy it, the company will exploit it as much as they can. I mean, why do they sell shirts at GC(they do in mine)? You don't need them to play guitar/bass/drums/other stuff they sell. Just stop being elitists.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Who really gives a ****, it's fun. Also it gets people into the instrument, that's always a good thing.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by shut_up_n00b
"I just mastered the solo to *insert obscure band's song here* with solo and everythin" roughly translates as "I am the master at inanely pressing down on strings held together by a piece of wood while giving myself ego herpes from how much of a douchebag elitist I am"

Really, if it sells people will buy it, the company will exploit it as much as they can. I mean, why do they sell shirts at GC(they do in mine)? You don't need them to play guitar/bass/drums/other stuff they sell. Just stop being elitists.

Are you calling me a douchebag elitist?

'Cause if you are, cheers. It'll look good on my benefits application.
Quote by MoshMaster101
Are you calling me a douchebag elitist?

'Cause if you are, cheers. It'll look good on my benefits application.

Nah. It wasn't aimed at anyone, just that most people that dis those games are usually like that.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by Dance_of_Death
Why wouldn't Rock Band be at a guitar store, it is a legitimate instrument and deserves to be treated as such.

heh post of the day. Made me chuckle.
Uhh... where have you all been the past year or so? they sell gh3 and rock band at every music store i've been to since they first came out.
My reflection
Dirty mirror
There's no connection
To myself
I'm your lover
I'm your zero
Im the face in your dreams of glass
There really is no reason to get all riled up about a video game being marketed...........ITS A FREAKIN' GAME.........and deserves to be treated as such, not as a real instrument.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Quote by DiMeTiMe
See who gives a fuck.

let me guess........laid to rest-lamb of god?

but yeah, who cares, as long as people realize that its not an instrument, its fine.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Timothym
Much ado about nothing.

aaaaaahhhhh i had to read that horrible
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
ITS JUST A GAME PEOPLE! I play it as a GAME and only a GAME!

Just what we needed, another "bash on GH/RB thread"
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by Phoenix-Kun
money is money to capitalists

It dosn't matter to them, they get the cash, you get the ****

cut and dry, its capitalism

You're so cool and angsty. I wish I could be as counter-cultural as you are.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
If some kid wants to go to Sam Ash and buy Rockband, I don't mind. Just as long as people distinguish between it and actually playing guitar, which they always will. I mean at some point I'm sure every GH/Rockband fan realizes that what they're doing is about as close to playing guitar as banging a pot with a wooden spoon is to drums.
We're only strays.