im thinking of saving up some money soon to buy a new amp. i play mostly metal, so i want an amp that has some intense gain, but i also want some decent cleans from the amp too. my price range is probably $500-$600 or so. i would prefer if the amp was tube so my emgs can finally be used the way they were supposed to be used.

o yeah, how often do tubes need to be changed if i do end up getting a tube amp?
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Hrm, I'm on the bandwagon tonight. Randall rg50tc, and a b-52 at.

About 5-6 years for preamp tubes, probably less for power tubes depending how hard they're run.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Man I wanna either get a Randall RG50TC or a ValveKing 112 or 212, Right now I'm thinking the Randall but I like to have nice cleans.
i was looking at that b52, a bit out of my price range. the peavy looks good and i have heard a lot of good things about it, i dunno i will have to try them out.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
the B-52 is $600 new isnt it?
if its a bit out of your price range get one used or get a better amp for used.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
The VK really doesnt have intense gain on it. The most intense amp for that money would probably be b-52 or randall rg50tc. Or a used 5150, that would be my personal preference.
Guitar: Ibanez Rg 2ex2/ with Dizmarzio Super Distortion
Amp: Peavey Valveking 212 (replacing soon)
Pedals: Planet Waves Tuner, Boss DS-1, Digitech DF-7, MXR-108 EQ
Quote by metalhead_c-1
i was looking at that b52, a bit out of my price range. the peavy looks good and i have heard a lot of good things about it, i dunno i will have to try them out.

Get a B-52 ST-6012, I have one and they own. At Guitar Center they are only $750, which sounds like alot (and it is), but they are usually $1,500.. They really are good for metal, and very reliable.