Lol this is an epic moment of my life. First actual song that I've played on my electric guitar ever. Everything else was incomplete or a theme song lol. Today will be known as the day I first played Unholy Confessions by Avenged Sevenfold.

I was really determined to play an A7x song. I was watching a A7x interview and M. Shadows is like "I like Unholy Confessions...because it's easy haha." (at the time I didn't find it strange that I was choosing this song of a vocalists opinion).

The tab for the song gave me a headache so I looked up covers on youtube. It then just clicked for me. Opened a guitar pro tab and I was on a roll. Hours later I can play Unholy Confessions! (Spent a great deal of time on this lol.)

Really excited. Just thought I should share my first experience.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
yeah i remember my first song. its a great feeling. congrats and keep playing man it only gets better(and so do you!)
Lol. The best part is I finally have a song that I can shut up my undedicated bass playing cousin up with lol. Keeps nagging me that he can play the bass parts of Smells Like Teen Spirit.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Lol. The best part is I finally have a song that I can shut up my undedicated bass playing cousin up with lol. Keeps nagging me that he can play the bass parts of Smells Like Teen Spirit.

that is no accomplishment, what your cousin is saying of course, congrats to you
Congratulations!It's a really good feeling,even better than orgasms!
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by TheBodomBullet

Tell him that all that means is that he indeed does have both arms.

But nice accomplishment on your part.
Nice job

The only full song I can play is the James Bond theme >.>... 1 month of playing lol
Quote by Broken-pick
Congratulations!It's a really good feeling,even better than orgasms!

i think i had one when i finished my whole first song XD
Quote by Spykerwolf
Congratz man I'm yet to learn a full song lol I might give the one u learned a shot ;-)

Hey let me know how it goes! Remember don't overthink it.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
That was my first song too.
I wanted to learn it cos i loved the intro, and A7X was/is one of my favourite bands.
Still enjoy playing it, although I haven't been playing for very long. (About 10 months)
Bat country is also a great song to play if you're a fan, and the rhythm parts are quite easy. The solo is actually quite easy, just has a fast run near the end.

Gratz on your first song though. How old are you? And how long have you been playing?
Smells Like Teen Spirit has like the easiest bass parts in the world.

------1111------4444
1111------4444------

For like the entire song.

Congrats on your song. I remember playing my first entire song (wish you were here in my case) and I never felt that good about myself. Congrats. Things will go quick from here.
Sweet i wish i could learn a song all the way through but i get bored trying to learn =(

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

Quote by Jorsa
That was my first song too.
I wanted to learn it cos i loved the intro, and A7X was/is one of my favourite bands.
Still enjoy playing it, although I haven't been playing for very long. (About 10 months)
Bat country is also a great song to play if you're a fan, and the rhythm parts are quite easy. The solo is actually quite easy, just has a fast run near the end.

Gratz on your first song though. How old are you? And how long have you been playing?

I just turned 15 last month and been playing for about a month now(got my setup for my b-day). No lessons so far though.

But yeah bat country I heard is really easy but it gets me because I'm trying to understand the concept of tuning my guitar to drop d. The sound is supposed to be lower yet you have to tune your low E string to sound like an open D string which has a higher pitch to begin with? lol

But yeah its all good.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I just turned 15 last month and been playing for about a month now(got my setup for my b-day). No lessons so far though.

But yeah bat country I heard is really easy but it gets me because I'm trying to understand the concept of tuning my guitar to drop d. The sound is supposed to be lower yet you have to tune your low E string to sound like an open D string which has a higher pitch to begin with? lol

But yeah its all good.

You drop your 6th string an octave BELOW your D string. But they still sound the same.
thats awsome man! congrats on unholy confessions..i love that song i learned it a while ago cuz it was one of my fave songs from that awaken the fallen CD. but drop D was a little tricky for me at first but after playing a millon avenged sevenfold songs D comes pretty standard to me...you'll get there...but congrats again!