Page 1 of 3
during my spring break i saw an episode on the history channel on bible code and how the world might end in 2012. i already new the mayan calender abruptly ended then too. so i was curious so i looked online and did some research and stuff. and supposedly chinese horoscope, the mayan calendar and the bible all make references saying the world will end in 2012. in addition, in 2012 its supposed to be the first timme in over 5000 years that the planets align, or something of that sort, causing a clataclysm or worldwide catastrophe via earthquake, flood, etc...

alright. so lately ive been thinking

scientists are predictiong that within the next 30 years another 'big one' like the 1906 earthquake will occur along the san andreas fault

recently

the cyclone in myanmar.

the earthquake in china.

the tornadoes in the midwest.

are these just small events leading up to something big, or just coincidental events happening around the same time period as eachother, or is it just me?
How could the planets aligning cause an earthquake.....

We can't predict earthquakes I'm pretty sure.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
How could the planets aligning cause an earthquake.....

We can't predict earthquakes I'm pretty sure.

Majicks.
its just you, and a bunch of other people (also known as idiots) that believe the bible was written BY god and that is somehow has some factual value...
Besides the world is going to end tommorow via black hole......

JK.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Think about it, the Mayans made that calendar how long ago? Did you expect them to write all dates 'till infinity? They had to get writers cramp at some point. 2012 just happened to be the place where they stopped. At least it's an even number.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Some may say it's Global Warming, some may say it's coincidental. I personally don't think that the world is going to end in 2012. If I were to blame the recent events I would say Global Warming.
Quote by dispreferred
its just you, and a bunch of other people (also known as idiots) that believe the bible was written BY god and that is somehow has some factual value...

other people do different things to the bible. Ever wonder why catholics have a different bible than everyone else??
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by MedicreDemon
Besides the world is going to end tommorow via black hole......

...sun!!
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Quote by takingfire21
scientists are predictiong that within the next 30 years another 'big one' like the 1906 earthquake will occur along the san andreas fault

recently

the cyclone in myanmar.

the earthquake in china.

the tornadoes in the midwest.

are these just small events leading up to something big, or just coincidental events happening around the same time period as eachother, or is it just me?

Earthquakes have been happening all over the world for several billion years now.

There are tornadoes, hurricanes, floods etc somewhere in the world every month.

You may only be noticing them recently because the media has evolved into a fearmonger, profiting from scaring people about relatively common events.
Well whjat I think about teh end of teh Mayan calendar is thats its only the end of teh calendar and teh beginning of a new age, like BC and AD
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Well whjat I think about teh end of teh Mayan calendar is thats its only the end of teh calendar and teh beginning of a new age, like BC and AD

Well no one cares what you think because of teh way you type.
Portugal. The Man »–
Quote by dispreferred

Correct. The gospels and moses and other writers wrote it.
[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Lookatthis97787.jpg[/img]
Ive been thinking the same thing. So many terrible and weird events have been happining in the past few years.

Hurricane Katrina
WV and NIU shootings
Christmas Tusnami
Pointless war in Iraq
North Korea nuke program
Price of gas
Woman and black man vying for democratic nomination

Cylones, earthquakes, etc.

I strongly believe that the end of the world could happen in 2012
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
Quote by cukd7x-a2-
other people do different things to the bible. Ever wonder why catholics have a different bible than everyone else??

uhhh what? I believed i've missed ur point
Quote by SWENCE_32
Ive been thinking the same thing. So many terrible and weird events have been happining in the past few years.

Hurricane Katrina
WV and NIU shootings
Christmas Tusnami
Pointless war in Iraq
North Korea nuke program
Price of gas
Woman and black man vying for democratic nomination Cylones, earthquakes, etc.

what the fuck does that have to do with the end of thw world?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by sean_etc
Correct. The gospels and moses and other writers wrote it.

and then translated it and retranslated it and retranslated it, until they came up with a combination that suited their own purposes...
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW

SLOW THE **** DOWN

CHECK YOUR SPELLING

i mean once is ok but 4 times you spelt "the" wrong
Quote by Dr. Patrick Hardy, president of Nu Pi Sigma chapter and principal at Ellis Arts Academy
“The purpose is to show that African-American men can do more than shoot people, rap and play basketball”

Start Your Day The John Mayer Way With Frosted Mayer Wheats
Quote by SWENCE_32

Hurricane Katrina
WV and NIU shootings
Christmas Tusnami
Pointless war in Iraq
North Korea nuke program
Price of gas
Woman and black man vying for democratic nomination

Cylones, earthquakes, etc.

Um ... did Vietnam not count? How about WWI and II? Weren't they spectacularly depressing enough?

*cough* USSR *cough* Cuba *cough*.

You know, the price of milk has gone up too. The cows are going to rebel .

And your last one is just racist.
Quote by takingfire21
during my spring break i saw an episode on the history channel on bible code and how the world might end in 2012.

Another one of these threads?

I'm with the guy that said we're going up in a black hole.

It's true
The Mayans also used special boards to flatten the heads of new-born babies!
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
The Mayans also used special boards to flatten the heads of new-born babies!

Wasnt that the CHinooks?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ttreat31
Majicks.

You forgots the bloodz, sugaz, and seckz.

EDIT: Hai guyz! You forgot the realllllllllll reason this is all going to end.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Wasnt that the CHinooks?

I'm pretty positive the Mayans did that too.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by SWENCE_32
SLOW THE **** DOWN

CHECK YOUR SPELLING

i mean once is ok but 4 times you spelt "the" wrong

No, I think he went out of his way to spell them all "teh".
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
OMFG, not another one of these threads....

The Mayan Calender simply ENDS in 2012. Hell our frigging calender ends Jan 1st...Run for cover!!!!

You are seeking links where there are none (this is a common human fallacy. It's like seeing Jesus in a potato chip). What happens is one moron sees some BASELESS claim that the world will end in 2012 from the Mayan calender then he, or others look around and "magically" finds other evidence for it.

For example, Nostradamus's predictions are so incredibly generic, many people find support in the claim from him

or

Some nubjob looks through the bible and somehow comes up with some arbitrary bible code that supports the claim

or

Pick a random natural disaster or predictions of natural disasters to support your claim

or

Use evidence of the changing climate to make a baseless link to your claim
Shall I go on?

There were so many doomsday predictions created in the past that it's ridiculous. Hell I'm still waiting for the Y2K bug to deliver the promised nuclear winter...

Guys, grow up. Stop listening to the fear mongers and get out there and do some research before you make another baseless claim.

P.S: I know, I sound angry, but this is the third thread I have seen on this ****. SEARCH BAR!!!!
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan

Alvarez RD-8
Ibanez Jet King 2
lol this is gold, i'm going to run around and sell t-shirts with "I will live" on it and see how many suckers i can rip off.
I can't trust the Mayans simply because these people made human sacrafices to their gods.

Anything from the Bible has no credibility to me.

Horoscopes!!!! are you serious, it's a horoscope, that's almost as stupid as palm readings.

And seriously, it would be nearly impossible to count how many predictions have been made as to when the world would end. 2012 just happens to be the next one.

And as for your whole "natural disaster theory," have there not been natural disasters just as massive and destructive as the cyclone and the earthquake for hundreds of millions of years?
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
If the world ends in 4 years, I'll just do a barrel roll or a matrix dodge or something awesome like that. **** you, apocalypse, you're not getting me.
Quote by Brain245
If the world ends in 4 years, I'll just do a barrel roll or a matrix dodge or something awesome like that. **** you, apocalypse, you're not getting me.

****, **** no your going to get banned now for preforming a certain "spin!!" Or have the mods relaxed a little...
Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by Brain245

dont do that man
the universe might place in a place of perpetual rickrolling
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
What does it matter? You should be acting like it's the end of the world everyday to make the most out of life anyway. And if the end of the world is in 2012, either by prediction or other wise, then what are you going to do about it? Know it was coming say I told you so then die with everyone else?

On top of that, it's not a kaboom end of the world, it's the end of the world as we know it I believe. Something new will happen like never seen before. As a Christian, my guess is the new world order, with the anti-Christ aka the president of the new world order, running the thing. The Bible says the whole world are going to see these things take place, and with tv and youtube, it's impossible to miss anything unless you live in a cave. (without internet )

That's just my interpretation.
Quote by blue_strat
Um ... did Vietnam not count? How about WWI and II? Weren't they spectacularly depressing enough?

*cough* USSR *cough* Cuba *cough*.

You know, the price of milk has gone up too. The cows are going to rebel .

And your last one is just racist.

I'm pretty sure he was joking.
Quote by pyerreives
lol, the bible

Get off the bandwagon. I bet you've never even read the Bible.
Quote by fob12
What does it matter? You should be acting like it's the end of the world everyday to make the most out of life anyway. And if the end of the world is in 2012, either by prediction or other wise, then what are you going to do about it? Know it was coming say I told you so then die with everyone else?

On top of that, it's not a kaboom end of the world, it's the end of the world as we know it I believe. Something new will happen like never seen before. As a Christian, my guess is the new world order, with the anti-Christ aka the president of the new world order, running the thing. The Bible says the whole world are going to see these things take place, and with tv and youtube, it's impossible to miss anything unless you live in a cave. (without internet )

That's just my interpretation.

In my opinion, I think we are just gonna vaporize ourselves before the century is up. If not, then the climate change will put a major dent in our population over the next 100-500 years.
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan

Alvarez RD-8
Ibanez Jet King 2
God must be pissed, better start praying...
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
God must be pissed, better start praying...

Might I inquire as to what is the image you use as an avatar?
+Infinity

Quote by vmanoman

^^SO KVLT!!
Page 1 of 3