Hey, heres my little problem
I bought the Fender 099-0690-000 strap locks which you have to change the strap pin to use it.

BUT the screw that came with it wasn't big enough in diameter and length to fit into the pre-drilled hole properly. I tried to use the original screws from the guitar but the screw head was too big to fit into the new strap pin ><

Suggestions for solutions will be much appreciated but the thing I can't do is drill a new whole into my guitar.

Thanks
Put the screws in first, it'll be tight and hard, but it'll clear the whole, then take em out n screw em in again with the pins.
sand the outside of the screw head down till it fits in the hole or goto home depo and find a screw with same thread pitch and size and smaller head problem solved or just return them and get one of those plannet waves straps that has a locking thing in them and u dont half to mod the guitar
Quote by selkies
sand the outside of the screw head down till it fits in the hole or goto home depo and find a screw with same thread pitch and size and smaller head problem solved or just return them and get one of those plannet waves straps that has a locking thing in them and u dont half to mod the guitar

+1

i got that strap set up on my guitar, ill never go back....and the strap is very comfortable as well...
John Petrucci Fanclub (Member #2), PM chase09 to join
Cool, I'll probably get some new screws but I'll look into the strap. Thanks.
Dont trust it..... I lost a guitar to this problem already.....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
the hole is too big for the screw, yes?

get a toothpic/matchstick/kebab skewer, dip it in PVA glue, put it in the hole, snap off the excess, then when dry, put the new small screws in the now smaller hole

those planet waves locking straps are crap too, my mate had one and the plastic bit snapped, so it was more useless than a normal strap
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Brendan.Clace
Dont trust it..... I lost a guitar to this problem already.....

Then you must be retarded.

Listen to Stevo, if that's the problem.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak

+1

>_>

<_<
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by rhcp_freak

Actually, dude, I really think that was uncalled for. Exact same problem that I had. I trusted it. I get a little crazy on stage, so I spun my guitar (as I normally do) and she went airborne.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
That's why you don't spin your guitar.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild