yes, im seeing them, and im uber amped

has anyone seen them on this tour yet? this is their second hit to detroit on this tour, thier last was about a year ago, anyone know if thier gonna do anything different? i mean, last time they played with redemption and into eternity, and this time they are playin with between the buried and me... so you think thier switch things up and go heavier?
John Petrucci Fanclub (Member #2), PM chase09 to join
oh man u r so lcky.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
saw them a couple of months ago.. it was AMAZING as usual!... but felt a little disspointed that it was mostly new material... i wanted to hear Metropolis so bad...
Its a great show, saw them a week ago, probably the most consistently awesome concert I've seen yet. Three was surprisingly good, btbam and opeth were great and akerfeldt was hilarious, and of course Dream Theater was awesome. The Dark Eternal Night thing is hilarious, as is Portnoy.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
^^ yeah dude, that thing was weird, I was wondering that myself. His key-tar was sweet too.
Quote by bass-man9712
after i clicked all i could think was "please don't be goatse, please dont be goatse"

PSN: Effigyoferebus (feel free to add it)
I saw them yesterday on the progressive nation tour. I can say hands down its the best concert I've been to so far. So many great bands on one tour Dream Theater started off really well, but after an hour of them playing I just wanted it to end. They were flawless of course, but I felt it dragged on way too long.

Three suprised me the most with their performance. The guy's fingerpicking is absolutely insane. My only problem with them is that they didn't play very long.

BTBAM is probably the band I liked the least. They were of course flawless, but I just didn't enjoy their music as much as the others. Plus they had a lot of jackass fans that really ruined the whole experience. There was one guy who attempted to hump me from behind. Needless to say I threw his ass back in the pit.

Opeth, which I mostly came for, was the best of show. Flawless performance, killer setlist, micheal's jokes, amazing sound.....Yeah. Not much else to be said. Honestly I don't think I've ever heard anything better live than 'The Drapery Falls'. Sound was perfect, vocals perfect, AND he changed the solo to the one from the guitar.world interview. My only compliant was the crowd was too into it. I was getting crushed by the pressure of the crowd pushing and the entire crowd was singing the lyrics. People also pushed each other back and forth, and there was a point where at least 60 people actually fell over at the same time.

So long version short, see the concert its amazing.
Quote by alex_13
Anyone else get to see Rudess bust out that touch screen synth pad thing? what was that?

That thing was really cool.

Saw them last Tuesday. Best. Concert. Ever.

Epic Keytar, too.

You'll love it, TS.

I loved when they played "Finally Free" off SFAM. They had the video of the shooting scene in the background as they were playing it. Acting wasn't great, but it was still pretty cool.
^No, but he had the Haken with him. It's a square-shaped touch pad that lights up wherever he touches it.
Quote by Avedas

I loved when they played "Finally Free" off SFAM. They had the video of the shooting scene in the background as they were playing it. Acting wasn't great, but it was still pretty cool.

Yeah that was my favorite part of the dream theaters setlist, and its one of my favorite songs by DT. I wished they played more off of Images and Words though...
Quote by El_Diablo_0
Yeah that was my favorite part of the dream theaters setlist, and its one of my favorite songs by DT. I wished they played more off of Images and Words though...

I saw the show monday, there was so much images and words. All of the bands probably switch up their setlists anyway...
Each show was amazing though. But BTBAM only played two songs[ok, they're long enough to be 30 minutes] so they didn't really talk at all. Which to me, didn't make the music as good. I loved Three, Opeth, and DT though, they were all amazing
Quote by Murasaki-kun
I saw the show monday, there was so much images and words. All of the bands probably switch up their setlists anyway...
Each show was amazing though. But BTBAM only played two songs[ok, they're long enough to be 30 minutes] so they didn't really talk at all. Which to me, didn't make the music as good. I loved Three, Opeth, and DT though, they were all amazing

BTBAM was great, although I do agree White Walls seemed to drag on. Ants of the Sky is probably my favorite song by them though, so I loved that.
Dream Theater was amazing, they played a medley for us (in Vancouver) and Rudess played some savage beats on the Zen Riffer and that little square modulator was some pretty awesome stuff.

I was also hoping for some Metropolis in that set somewhere, but they did open with Constant Motion, which is goddamn awesome.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/