I've been trying to practice bending notes, the main problem I have is when I bend a note (especially if i go a full note higher) I will often accidentally grab the string right above it (It happens more often when I'm bending upwards also). I'm just wondering the basic technique so I can spend my time practicing it the correct way instead of always plucking an extra note on my bends that ruin the whole experience.

Thanks
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
I'm assuming you mean grab with your fretting hand? If so then it shouldn't really be a problem. Just remember that usually you are supposed to pluck the string, then bend it. Also you can use more than one finger to help you push the string up (took me a while to figure that out).

Good luck, eventually you'll get the hang of it.
Quote by TNA
I'm assuming you mean grab with your fretting hand? If so then it shouldn't really be a problem. Just remember that usually you are supposed to pluck the string, then bend it. Also you can use more than one finger to help you push the string up (took me a while to figure that out).

Good luck, eventually you'll get the hang of it.

It's a little different than that. It's after I pluck and did the bend, its when I'm bringing the sustained sharpened note back down to the original note.
70's Japan Greco SuperPower
Amps: '65 TRRI - Peavey Classic 50 4x10 - Epiphone VJ Head (Modded) - 2x12 Celestion Greenback Cab
FX: BK Tube Driver - EH Small Stone - MXR CC
Acoustics: Breedlove ADSM20 - Alveraz 5021 12-String
I just tried to do that and couldn't, sorry I really can't help too much without seeing how you are bending it. Are you keeping the bent note pushed against the fretboard, if so then the other strings should be hitting the top of your finger.