anyone wanna put in input on these 2 different jcm 900
differences?
recommendations?
i play classic and hard rock, some blues, some old school thrash metal and need good cleans, (or the better of these two i guess) so which one's better for this
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
dual reverb has better cleans, SLX has supposedly better gain. The SLX has an extra preamp tube for the distortion, whereas the dual reverb actually has some solid state circuitry for the extra distortion.

I can get amazingly awesome cleans using my dual reverb and my Carvin, and I've never tried the SLX.

dual rev. has great cleans, pretty good distortion. Not as good for blues (according to Gutch), but I think it's great for blues when really cranked on the clean channel.
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
theres a couple other threads that have 4100/slx info about them around here, take a look or search
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
hahahh dude
1. i MADE that second thread lol
2. i'm involved of the end of the 1st one lol
still helpful though thanks
and i love that ****
biggest thing for me is versatality
and it seems the 4100 is better for that
only thing that worries me is the mediocre rating for classic rock
thats like the #1 thing i play
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Last edited by acdclandon at May 14, 2008,
bleh, what a load. It can do just about any kind of rock imo. For classic rock I personally just up the gain on the clean channel. It's voiced a lot differently than the distortion channel and gets a real nice crunch sound.

And at higher volume it's no problem at all. Go try it out.
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Say Ocean
dual reverb gave the 900's a bad name. Go with the slx

The dual reverbs came first didn't they?
They must have been sufficiently impressive to have carried on being built..
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...