Well im about to crack and go nuts so here it is...

Me and my friend started a band and well through thde course of 8 months all has gone to ****, We were originally 4 and now the band has split in two with me and the old drummer on one side and the old bassist, new singer, and new drummer on the other, while my friend is tied in between and cant decide over enjoying what you do (My side) or going all business(theirs). He is now in both, but im slowly going crazy over all the ****d i have to deal with because of the traitors.

What do i do?

P.S.- the new singer was the one that tore us apart and they are traitors because the bassist and new drummer had only known him for a day, but picked him

PPS- i have not forced any ddecisios i just want to know how to continue, but still enjoy the things i have worked so hard on
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Equipment- Dime Crybaby From Hell
Korg PX4D Pandora

Drums- groove percussion set with zht cymbals and remo heads
Last edited by ESPplayer6 at May 14, 2008,
Quote by ♣ßRØDËRSÈÑ♣
tht scks

Thats secks?
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
dude, grow up. From what I can tell, you think they're traitors because they have a modicum of ambition and you're content being a lazyass. Be a man and don't force your friend to chose between friendship and a being in a band.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
You should start a band and call yourself megadeth.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
yoh that sux.dude start a new band man
My Gear
Ibanez GSZ 120
Aria Pro II SL
Starfire Mega 10
Boss MT-2 Metalzone
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall MG100 DFX
no dude i work my ass of but the new guy wants me to do **** i hate, he thinks he is rite because he is more experienced, but i dont care what his methods are because if you dont enjoy the things you do u will never make good or meaningful music
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

Quote by ESPplayer6
Well im about to crack and go nuts so here it is...

Me and my friend started a band and well through thde course of 8 months all has gone to ****, We were originally 4 and now the band has split in two with me and the old drummer on one side and the old bassist, new singer, and new drummer on the other, while my friend is tied in between and cant decide over enjoying what you do (My side) or going all business(theirs). He is now in both, but im slowly going crazy over all the ****d i have to deal with because of the traitors.

What do i do?

P.S.- the new singer was the one that tore us apart and they are traitors because the bassist and new drummer had only known him for a day, but picked him

First off, it's his own choice. Second, music=money. Some people just want to make a career and make money off music. Just because you don't share the same view doesn't mean they're traitors. You sound like the dick, making a business out of a band requires alot more dedication for all parties involved and it sounds to me like you aren't ready for that kind of commitment. My advice: go play in your basement along with backing tracks and continue living your dream without knocking on other people's dreams.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
Quote by ESPplayer6
no dude i work my ass of but the new guy wants me to do **** i hate, he thinks he is rite because he is more experienced, but i dont care what his methods are because if you dont enjoy the things you do u will never make good or meaningful music

Then quit the band and don't be a whiny bitch about it. And don't drag other people into what are, ultimately, your decisions.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
u just dont get it im not asking for ur insults dip****

i have done nothing so far i just want help on how to keep my work and friends ok, everything was smooth until the singer showed up thats why i badmouth him
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

Quote by ESPplayer6
u just dont get it im not asking for ur insults dip****

i have done nothing so far i just want help on how to keep my work and friends ok, everything was smooth until the singer showed up thats why i badmouth him

Ok, then what do you want from us? If it's sympathy, you're certainly not going to get any.

Start another band and don't give your friend **** if he choses to stay with the old one.
no i want advice
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

just **** it im dun with you guys you have helpt me SOOOOOOOOO much.... ****ers
Guitar- ESP LTD Kh 602
ESP LTD Ex-50

Amp- Randall rx75r
Vox AD30VT

Korg PX4D Pandora

TS doesn't realize that, although he thinks he's asking for advice, there's really no answers we can give him that would satisfy him. In fact, it wouldn't be out of line to assume that he kinda knew that before he started the thread, and was really just looking for sympathy all along. That, or advice on how to get his way.

If you want to enjoy the music, WRITE MUSIC YOU ENJOY PERFORMING. Then suck it up and deal with the business **** so that you can perform the music you enjoy. The only thing that these guys could be doing that screws up your dream of enjoying music would be if they were keeping you from writing and performing certain songs because they wouldn't 'sell'. If that's the case, then it's simply a difference in interests that you'll have to get over and leave behind. If the guys just want you to like play the songs a certain way or something because it sounds **** otherwise, then suck it up and play it like they're all asking you to, so you don't blow a chance to play good music.

Just throwing these possibilities out there, since you never actually told us what this **** is that you hate and don't wanna do. If you could actually tell us that, it would make it easier for us to not sound like douchebags when we try and solve your problems for you.
...So they didn't like your band and joined another. Tough ****, that's not betrayal.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
the first post sounds like some 14 year old kid in a middle school cover band...

but

its pretty hard to split up your band. i also worry know and then that my band of two years would break up because a few of them want to further their studies overseas. its like you put in so much effort in writing and practicing and playing and recording. and you dont want it to all go down the drain without accomplishing anything big yet.
but **** happens, all you have to do is compromise, you can keep everyone happy in the band forever
Quote by ♣ßRØDËRSÈÑ♣
+1000000000000

Despite the fancy name "♣ßRØDËRSÈÑ♣", you are in fact the coolest 08'er I have ever met.