Right now in working with a classic 50's fender strat with a seymour duncan pearley gates pickup in the bridge position and a marshall MG30DFX amp.....i know i want to upgrade to some kind of tube amp but im having problems finding one that gets those clean tones like trey anastasio(Phish) but can also give me some dirty/heavy blues sounds.... ive been reading about the new Peavey Valve King half stack with the class a/b texture control but i havent had a chance to hear/play one....does any one have some recommendations for me? have any of you heard the new peavey? is there any other equip. that could help me out?
Quote by dem shoes
Right now in working with a classic 50's fender strat with a seymour duncan pearley gates pickup in the bridge position and a marshall MG30DFX amp.....i know i want to upgrade to some kind of tube amp but im having problems finding one that gets those clean tones like trey anastasio(Phish) but can also give me some dirty/heavy blues sounds.... ive been reading about the new Peavey Valve King half stack with the class a/b texture control but i havent had a chance to hear/play one....does any one have some recommendations for me? have any of you heard the new peavey? is there any other equip. that could help me out?

Heres a video i found of a guy playing clean and blues so you can get a feel for what one sounds like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwldK3O_Au8
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at May 14, 2008,
*singsong*
You don't need a halfstack,
blah blah blah,
Go for a combo,
blah blah blah
If you think you need
all of those watts
Then you my friend...
ARE A TWAT!!!

Sorry. Don't go for a lower quality halfstack when you could get a nice combo. What's your budget exactly?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Fender with a Tubescreamer
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
^Three totally different suggestions there, but they all have some merit. The Valve King halfstack is a low-quality budget valve amp, built in the far east and retailing for $900. Meanwhile, for around $700 you could find - for example- a used Mesa MKIII - which is a professional quality amp, hand-built in the USA.

How dirty/heavy do you want your blues to be exactly? Because for the sounds you described the Fender+Tube Screamer combination is a proven favourite and well within your price range.
My budget is up to 600 now but i will have more after graduation probably around 800 or 900... as far as the blues sound im lookin for think stevie ray mixed with george thorogood....any recommendations on fenders?... i have played the 65 twin custom with the 15" JBL instead of the 2x12,VERY NICE, but i think thats just out of my price range.
If you can hold on until after graduation you'll have enough for a Traynor YVC50 Blue
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
maybe a ceriatone plexi?
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by dem shoes
My budget is up to 600 now but i will have more after graduation probably around 800 or 900... as far as the blues sound im lookin for think stevie ray mixed with george thorogood....any recommendations on fenders?... i have played the 65 twin custom with the 15" JBL instead of the 2x12,VERY NICE, but i think thats just out of my price range.

save an extra bill and go on craigslist
im ganna get a twin that way in couple of months some times they go for 600
i mean check this out
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/649423146.html
if you can find something like that for tha price you could find a twin for 600-700
i say do it
Last edited by the-kidR44 at May 14, 2008,
Quote by Bostonrocks
maybe a ceriatone plexi?

Or better yet, one of their fender clones.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^True, I guess.
But I actually had a chance to play a ceriatone fender clone (they mostly clone the 50's era ones it seems like), and it beat out fender's reissues.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
^True, I guess.
But I actually had a chance to play a ceriatone fender clone (they mostly clone the 50's era ones it seems like), and it beat out fender's reissues.

WHERE!!!! I MUST KNOW DID THEY HAVE A PLEXI?

sorry about the all caps
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era