Okay, I'm a sad A-grade English student and I wanted to put alliteration into the title of this topic... what's it to you?

Well anyway... yesterday I purchased a Yamaha Pacifica 120s for £140 and my god was it worth the buy. It's simply AMAZING. The sound, the style... everything! However, there is just one thing that seems to get me... I can't seem to fit my tremolo arm onto this thing now... whether the guitar has its own vibrato system or something I'm none the wiser, but considering my band are doing a cover of Knights of Cydonia a tremolo arm would prove most helpful.

Of course, if the worst of it comes then I can just manually do a vibrato on each string, but I just loved the using the tremolo arm

Any help is appreciated, I know you guys are great with solving problems.
It's possible the store gave you the wrong trem arm. I've heard of it happening before...

Also, you're title should have been something like perplexing Pacifica problem pisses off perturbed guitar player...
take it to a local shop and see what shoe fits cinderella (yeah i used allegory in my reply, what of it? :P )
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Haha... uhoh I've started a new rage!

And I already have a trem arm... sorry perhaps I should have been more specific.

I can't find the hole anywhere to put the tremolo arm in. It's not on the bridge and I can't see it anywhere else at all... why it would be anywhere else I don't know...
Well, some quick google research has pulled up images which lead me to believe the guitar doesn't have any sort of trem....
Quote by T!AN
Also, you're title should have been something like perplexing Pacifica problem pisses off perturbed guitar player...

Keen use of alliteration my friend, though I think you have definitely implemented hyperbole in your statement. Although important to note are the strong negative connotations associated with Pacifica's as being representative of poor quality guitars in general.
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at May 14, 2008,
hum maybe it screws into the body and you rock the body and the bridge stays put. (sorry that wasnt nice)

just look friend, pacificas have strat style bridges so the hole should be on the other side of the e string. there shouldnt be any other holes there.

if you still cant find it get some fresh eyes or go to a shop and have em find it for you (dont be embarrised we've all been there at one time)
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
Don't patronize me, plucky duck. I know where the hole is located and I think you'll find that it doesn't have one on its bridge. I was wondering if - for any reason - it was located elsewhere. I'm not advanced on guitars but tremolo arm hole locating on the bridge is kid's stuff.

Thanks for the help guys, if there isn't a tremolo on the Pacifica I'll just resort to manual vibratos
Quote by Kieran91
Haha... uhoh I've started a new rage!

And I already have a trem arm... sorry perhaps I should have been more specific.

I can't find the hole anywhere to put the tremolo arm in. It's not on the bridge and I can't see it anywhere else at all... why it would be anywhere else I don't know...

Quote by Kieran91
Don't patronize me, plucky duck. I know where the hole is located and I think you'll find that it doesn't have one on its bridge. I was wondering if - for any reason - it was located elsewhere. I'm not advanced on guitars but tremolo arm hole locating on the bridge is kid's stuff.

Thanks for the help guys, if there isn't a tremolo on the Pacifica I'll just resort to manual vibratos...

Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017

Quote by deanexplosion99

Quote by niggafolife
Hmm, that really makes no sense. I don't know of any vibrato system (except the Bigsby) that doesn't have the arm in the usual place. I've got a pacfica and the trem is entirely standard fare, to the extent that I swapped it with a good quality strat trem without any problems. Was it a used guitar you bought?

Pics would be highly useful.

The guitar has a fixed bridge, there's no way you can put a tremolo bar on it.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS