It's a horrible situation, my heart goes out to him and his family. He was (and still is) a pretty cool guy and I don't think he'd want us all to fuss over him with setting up Paypal accounts and such, just leave him be. If you want to donate money, donate it to Cancer Research (as somebody else said).

As people have said, the avatars are a silent sign of respect. I know you all want to show respect and good will to Grundy, and I'm sure he respects the sentiments, bit it's all getting a bit over-board.

Maybe we should leave it how it is now?
Last edited by _Mayday_ at May 14, 2008,
I think a better idea would be to donate money to the family, to help with funeral costs and such, to make sure he goes out the way he deserves.

Still, I agree, it's a nice gesture but a little unnecessary.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
I think a better idea would be to donate money to the family, to help with funeral costs and such, to make sure he goes out the way he deserves.

Still, I agree, it's a nice gesture but a little unnecessary.

This is a bang on idea.

If people really want to do something, a little rememberance post on the frontpage or something would be a good way to remember him.

If people want to contribute, Smokeys idea is the best I've heard so far.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I am in concurrence with most of what has been posted in this thread.
I'd be surprised if he came back to see what's going on here, though.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
We must remember he hasn't passed yet.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
I summed up my thoughts in another thread.

We need to pay some form of tribute, but the fact is a lot of UGers are younger teenagers who don't fully grasp the situation. They have the best of intentions but they don't quite get that going to far makes the issue less serious than it is, and dishonours Grundy.
Maybe we should've left it as just the one thread, this one was pretty unnecessary.
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
Quote by Vermintide
I summed up my thoughts in another thread.

We need to pay some form of tribute, but the fact is a lot of UGers are younger teenagers who don't fully grasp the situation. They have the best of intentions but they don't quite get that going to far makes the issue less serious than it is, and dishonours Grundy.

In a sense, UG is known for "going too far" and I'm sure Grundy will look upon the UGers fondly for that no matter what. We know he's more than mature enough to take everything everyone says with a pinch of a humor, but yet at the same time, relish the rare moment when we all sit still for just a second and say we care.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -