Page 1 of 2
Has anybody ever thought of becoming homeless by choice? I recently found this blog, read the entire thing, and the has really stuck with me. The freedom it offers is probably most appealing, but I'm not sure, I like a warm bed as well. http://guide2homelessness.blogspot.com/ That's the blog, check it out, discuss, whatever.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Homeless people are writing blogs now? It's the beginning of the end.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
A lot of "homeless" people actually have flats but due to mental illness they can't get out of the habit of sleeping rough.

I've tried sleeping rough lots of times. It's an odd thing.
I probably wouldn't by choice. I kinda like my luxuries. But at the city today I saw this homeless guy playing the drums. Then I wondered how he got them...
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
that's a surprisingly interesting blog :-)
The Elephant asked the Camel , oh why is your breast on your back Camel? To which the Camel replied, Why that is a strange question from someone with their dick on their face!
uhhh i dont see how sleeping in the cold and on the concrete is somehow cool
but whatever floats your boat
if you wanted the freedem take a caravan and just go off or something
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Watch Into The Wild its a movie about a guy who ditches everything to go into the wild its an amazing movie directed by Sean Penn

I think being homeless for a week would be a very awesome experience
Quote by nachocheeez
I probably wouldn't by choice. I kinda like my luxuries. But at the city today I saw this homeless guy playing the drums. Then I wondered how he got them...

maybe he was just a busker and not homeless.
same thing happened to me and he wasnt impressed when i called him homeess.
thats what he gets for being a stuck up busker.
busking is for the poor dammit!
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Iit would be alright...

You wouldn't have to pay rent, but i would rather sleep on a bed than a park bench. Plus winter would be ball shatteringly cold.
Quote by futsalman
Watch Into The Wild its a movie about a guy who ditches everything to go into the wild its an amazing movie directed by Sean Penn

Yes, it is pretty cool. It was based on a book (and true story, but you knew that) written by Jon Krakauer. The thought of doing that appeals to me so much.
On a slightly related note, because this thread reminded me of it, have you been to http://freegan.info/? Weirdness.
How can anyone be "homeless by choice"?

To be homeless you must not have a home to go to, ie you must be home-less...
If you have the choice to be 'homeless' then you obviously have a home to choose not to go to, meaning you're not homeless at all.
Quote by rigiddigits
Yes, it is pretty cool. It was based on a book (and true story, but you knew that) written by Jon Krakauer. The thought of doing that appeals to me so much.
On a slightly related note, because this thread reminded me of it, have you been to http://freegan.info/? Weirdness.

It is also influenced me and my friend greatly what a ledgend the main character Chris is
apparently there was this man who experimented being a homeless man and ended up making 40k in one year by begging.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by johnny_giles
How can anyone be "homeless by choice"?

To be homeless you must not have a home to go to, ie you must be home-less...
If you have the choice to be 'homeless' then you obviously have a home to choose not to go to, meaning you're not homeless at all.

You can CHOOSE not to buy a home even if you had the money. Therefore you would still have to means to not be homeless, making it your decision to be homeless.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
with the whole bloke going to alaska he was an idiot he didnt pack right and wound up dead
it was his own stupidity that caused it he was a retard
good idea but went bout it the wrong way
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by smb
A lot of "homeless" people actually have flats but due to mental illness they can't get out of the habit of sleeping rough.

I've tried sleeping rough lots of times. It's an odd thing.

I think i have this "Mental illness" you speak of...
I always kinda wanted to be homeless.
Or at least live in a bus.
A VW Bus.
Fuck yeah, that would be awesome.
Lots of freedom.
Don't have to stay in one place.
But I also like my luxuries, like everyone else.
I like being able to take showers and jerk off in private.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
i like the internet too much to be homeless
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.

"How does it feel,
to be without a home?
Like a complete unknown,
Like a rolling stone?"

Anyways,

Sounds like an interesting concept. I wouldn't want to be homeless, but I guess the lifestyle might appeal to some. I think I saw a movie about it once.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
have you guys not seen manswers? people make lots of money being professional street bums. i have half a mind to go and try it.
Quote by paintITblack39
apparently there was this man who experimented being a homeless man and ended up making 40k in one year by begging.

Yeah, you can make quite a bit of money as a homeless person. If you beg for money by a freeway exit, get a dollar or two every stop light session, and do this every day for a year, you can make quite a bit.
Once I Slept on a bench?

Sadly I don't think that makes me homeless :/

Oh well.

No, I don't want to be homeless.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
being homeless really sucks, it's almost impossible to get a job and getting into shelters in the winter is a pain in the ass, trust me I know from experience.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Interesting, i might try this for a week or so, just to see how it feels...this reminds me of the movie Fight Club
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
with the whole bloke going to alaska he was an idiot he didnt pack right and wound up dead
it was his own stupidity that caused it he was a retard
good idea but went bout it the wrong way

He didnt pack right because he wanted to live off the land and get away from everythign wrong in society. He did die because he made a mistake though but the book and movie were both awsome its very inspirational.
Not permanantly, but i think it would be an interesting experiment to be homeless for like...two weeks.
I do want to for several reasons but I have a fear of being attacked, robbed, raped and other bad stuff.
I'd rather my shoes didn't get nicked in the night.

Maybe if I lived in some nice quiet rural area. But not London. No chance.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Homeless people are writing blogs now? It's the beginning of the end.

Sure, why not. Look around, 90% of blogs are written by retards anyways. Hell look at most of the threads / posts around this place. Tards abound.
Not homelessness per se, but i've never been opposed to living in a group housing or squatting.

cause imma tru p0nx
I've thought about it, and it appeals to me on a certain level. Even if I wasn't technically homeless, I could probably live on pretty limited means. I do enjoy playing piano though, something that would be kind difficult to do without a home, not to mention I couldn't really have a project studio.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Page 1 of 2