Page 1 of 4
First off, sorry for the length and the RANT that will ensue.....
But, am I the only person in the world who can appreciate all kinds of music? I was driving with a friend the other day, listening to my ipod and I have a playlist which consists of a WIDE array of music.

He thought it was dumb and asked why I had so much gay music on it......*sigh* the lack of open minded people upsets me. (He is 100% metal head btw.) Now me personally, I do as well enjoy some metal and teh br00talz, but my playlist had the likes of :

MCR,Chiodos,FFTL,Metallica,Megadeth,(yes I like BOTH of them!), The Devil Wears Prada, Trivium, KSE, As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, In Flames, Foo Fighters, Everclear, Boston, Eagles, Ozzy, Ludacris, Jay-Z, Rise Against, the Pillows, Justin Timberlake, The Offspring, One Republic, and even Rihanna lol. There are many more different artists but I don't feel that I need to go any further....

Anyway UG, is there anyone else out there who actually likes EMO,metal,hardcore,radio rock,rap,pop,JROCK,R&B,and classic rock each the same?

Or am I the only one who feels that music is still music, regardless of the way it sounds or what it is about?

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
"Gay music"? Your friend is an idiot. I like most music, I'm listening to Elgar at the moment and I think I'll listen to some Sinatra later on. As long as isn't isn't black metal I'll probably like it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by New_Crisis

MCR,Chiodos,FFTL,Metallica,Megadeth,(yes I like BOTH of them!), The Devil Wears Prada, Trivium, KSE, As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, In Flames, Foo Fighters, Everclear, Boston, Eagles, Ozzy, Ludacris, Jay-Z, Rise Against, the Pillows, Justin Timberlake, The Offspring, One Republic, and even Rihanna lol. There are many more different artists but I don't feel that I need to go any further....

Well...most of those involve some sort of distorted guitar, or are just top 40 stuff.

Thats not a very diverse range of music right there.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
With a couple of exeptions that list was just plain sh*t
if i was your black metal friend i'd have poked you in the eye aswell.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
i'll listen to everything other than crappy metal-core stuff, emo, screamo, and hip-pop and pop stuff
i might not be a "fan" of the music but i wont complain about it
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
MCR,Chiodos,FFTL,Metallica,Megadeth,(yes I like BOTH of them!), The Devil Wears Prada, Trivium, KSE, As I Lay Dying, Parkway Drive, In Flames, Foo Fighters, Everclear, Boston, Eagles, Ozzy, Ludacris, Jay-Z, Rise Against, the Pillows, Justin Timberlake, The Offspring, One Republic, and even Rihanna

Oh my god, you listen to rock AND r'n'b. I'm sure there aren't any other genres
TRANSFORMICE

Last time I checked, JT and Megadeth were diverse....

And no TS, im the same way, maybe not to the extremes of Rhianna though, but ill have Opeth playing, then the Shins or something weird will pop up, and every metal head in my car freaks out.
You're an inspiration to us all.

You're just being as elitist as he is, only on a broader scale.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by soulflyV
NO

/Thread

This
I don't believe this thread needs anymore discussion.
You don't listen to all types of music. I really don't know anyone who does listen to all types of music.
The main thing is that you realize there is no good or bad music.
I like most of those artists. In fact, my taste is more varied than that.If your friend likes some of the stuff you like, then just find a common ground. Not too hard.

EDIT: Whilst opinion is largely subjective, I'd like to think that you can judge on some level which music is better within the confines of a particular genre. Thus, Master of Puppets can be seen as a better metal release than St. Anger.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at May 14, 2008,
I think what threw my buddy off was when my playlist had Job for a Cowboy, them immediately after Hotel california came on....lol it was so funny.

BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!,
then the eagles.....his face=priceless

Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Carvin 6 space rack
Quote by New_Crisis
I think what threw my buddy off was when my playlist had Job for a Cowboy, them immediately after Hotel california came on....lol it was so funny.

C'mon, Hotel California is a classic. He shouldn't be shocked at that being on anyone's playlist.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Quote by New_Crisis

omg lyk dat is d funnierst thing i have read on the pit in a looong time i think i pisst myslf lol
Quote by New_Crisis

Slayer - Dead Skin Mask into Frank Sinatra - Luck Be A Lady = Epic

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I agree with OP.
Genre doesn't matter to me.
Theres good music of all genre's.
I could very well be listening to Emperor,
and then the next minute Bright Eyes.
But I suppose, to each their own.
Its not my decision what other people should or should not like.
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
Last edited by Ez0ph at May 14, 2008,
Quote by New_Crisis
First off, sorry for the length and the RANT that will ensue.....
But, am I the only person in the world who can appreciate all kinds of music? I was driving with a friend the other day, listening to my ipod and I have a playlist which consists of a WIDE array of music.

All kinds of music? Do you like jazz? Gypsy techno? Japanese experimental noiserock?

Quote by New_Crisis
He thought it was dumb and asked why I had so much gay music on it......*sigh* the lack of open minded people upsets me. (He is 100% metal head btw.) Now me personally, I do as well enjoy some metal and teh br00talz, but my playlist had the likes of :

Are you implying that listening to music of various genres is being "openminded"?

It's called having a broad taste.

Quote by New_Crisis
(He is 100% metal head btw.)

Thanks for the tidbit there. We all know metalheads are pricks.

Quote by New_Crisis
but my playlist had the likes of :

Quote by New_Crisis
Anyway UG, is there anyone else out there who actually likes EMO,metal,hardcore,radio rock,rap,pop,JROCK,R&B,and classic rock each the same?

Or am I the only one who feels that music is still music, regardless of the way it sounds or what it is about?

I think you just like looking down on people who aren't "open-minded". Had you been that yourself you wouldn't have cared of what people listened to.

Quote by New_Crisis

No, I like to listen to good music with great lyrics. I don't like to listen to whatever trash is on.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Kensai, you're turning into Meths. Is this your ploy to get people to stop voting fror you as "friendliest Uger"?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Try some Rachmaninoff.

Anyone who says classical music is bad should go back to their whole. Saying they don't like it is a different thing..

I was brought up listening to classical music only till about 2002 which were the first 12 years of my life. That means my taste of music is my own, unaffected by others. The fact I managed to only listen to it for that long shows I don't give a **** about what others think of what I listen to.
(^^That sounds so arrogant and as if I'm on my high horse but it wasn't meant to come out like that..)

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Kensai, you're turning into Meths. Is this your ploy to get people to stop voting fror you as "friendliest Uger"?

Actually that thread is closed. This is just one of my pet peeves.

Quote by philjay
Anyone who says classical music is bad should go back to their whole. Saying they don't like it is a different thing..

What's the difference?
What's the difference?

there's a big difference.
saying music is bad is saying it's in inferior to the music you like. That means every time you say music is bad, you're stating your opinion as fact, which it isn't.
if you don't like it, you're just stating your opinion
Quote by Kensai
Actually that thread is closed. This is just one of my pet peeves.

Fair do's.

To the classical music guy, I'd suggest Holst. Epic composer is epic.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I basically love every kind of music, i mean what kind of musician isn't open minded about their passion!?

And the people who are just simply focused on one style, it is ok to branch out and taste new styles and songs, they give you inspiration to maybe even create your very own unique style!

Much love to TS coz i am in the same boat
well i guess its just different for each person..i listen to quite alot of different music (like metal, classic rock, modern rock, and hiphop/rap, r'n'b), just never all at the same time (for example like in one playlist)
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
Quote by that1l)ude
saying music is bad is saying it's in inferior to the music you like. That means every time you say music is bad, you're stating your opinion as fact, which it isn't.

That's a bit far-fetched, isn't it? And how is saying "I don't like it" not the same if you're saying that something bad is inferior?

Quote by that1l)ude

Er... that's also very far-fetched.

If I say something is "bad" I mean I don't like it. I don't see how saying "I don't like it" is any different. In the end, they mean the very same thing.
Kensai:

I absolutely love jazz, techno, and japanese rock of many kinds. I'm not too familiar with "Gypsy" techno though..any artists you could recommend ?

Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Carvin 6 space rack
I like music I like...I can't help it if I don't like certain music, it just doesn't do it for me.

I apologize that I'm so close minded.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Crazy butt!

Actually, I have a wide variety of music, but mine stops somewhere. For instance, I'm not really that into modern hip-hop.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
as far as hip-hop is concerned, besides a few newer artists like Lupe Fiasco and T.I., I pretty much just replay my OLD Tupac an Dr.Dre cds

Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Carvin 6 space rack
No you're not, I listen to various Progressive genres, some Powerpop, Emocore, Screamo, Pop Punk, Jazz Fusion, Metal Fusion, Blues....

All sorts.
Quote by New_Crisis
Kensai:

I absolutely love jazz, techno, and japanese rock of many kinds. I'm not too familiar with "Gypsy" techno though..any artists you could recommend ?

I think you're missing all my other points. Why does it matter what people listen to?

I don't see how anyone can possibly like everything. And what the point of that would be.
Page 1 of 4