just finished wiring a killswitch pedal but no sound at all! even when i press the button all i hear is silence!! below are pics of the diagram of the wiring:

the gear:
1 momentary on switch
2 6.5mm (1/4") jacks

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/3872/diagramfc8.jpg
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3805/dscf5805yz5.jpg

plz help
maybe you accidentally used the wrong tip/sleeve on one of your jacks.

that's what i did.

just un-solder one of your jacks, spin'er a good 180 and re-solder the leads. might help.

outside that, you might just have a defective switch, wires, or even jack.

not sure about your project box size, but you might be grounding it out on something accidentally, but i'd highly doubt that.

so try re-soldering the jacks. =)
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by -MintSauce-
You really need to show the wiring of the switch. The jacks look okay.
they look wrong to me.

Look at the tip connector in the jack toward the lower left. It appears to be going all the way to the last insulator before the bushing. Now look at the tab the inner conductor of the cable is soldered to in the jack toward the upper right. There's another layer of insulator between that and the bushing.

TS, the unused terminal appears to be the one where you should have soldered the inner conductors of the cable. I think you soldered to the switch tabs instead. They get disconnected from the tip connections as soon as you plug in a cable.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
they look wrong to me.

Look at the tip connector in the jack toward the lower left. It appears to be going all the way to the last insulator before the bushing. Now look at the tab the inner conductor of the cable is soldered to in the jack toward the upper right. There's another layer of insulator between that and the bushing.

TS, the unused terminal appears to be the one where you should have soldered the inner conductors of the cable. I think you soldered to the switch tabs instead. They get disconnected from the tip connections as soon as you plug in a cable.

I've just looked again...

TS, why did you use a stereo jack for the input, it the box is un-powered?

It looks like you've wired the hot to the inner tip of the jack, instead of the outermost one.. so it's just grounding on the mono sleeve.
Just move the yellow wires (on both jacks) over to the tab that isn't being used right now. Sorted.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.