i love my ibanez s series to bits but its a **** for staying intune, especailly after some abuse. plus the bridge never rests in the same postion.

no good for playing surfing with the alien ha ha!

im aware that these bridges are **** so im looking to upgrade.

question is, what is the bridge of choice for an ibanez?

ive been looking at lo pro trems but i want to make sure before a i shell out 160 quid for one.

any help is appreciated
ibanez s370 with seymour duncan invader (b) and alnico 2 pro (n)

epiphone les paul with SD blackouts

jackson randy rhoads

peavey windsor half stack
what S series is it?

the ZR trems (which are on most, if not all S series) are fantastic trems. Once you set it up correctly it should stay in tune.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
its an s370. they retail at around £320 if im not mistaken.

ive put some decent pickups on it but it just dont stay in tune

jackson randy rhoads

have it professionally set up at least once and see if it makes any difference or at the very least search for a guide on how to set it up properly. The ZR trems on the S series guitars are good. They're the same bridge that's used on the lower models as on the high models.

seeing as though they don't rely on knife edges they stay in tune better (when set up properly) than traditional knife edge loating trems because there's nothing to wear away.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
ZR trems are great for staying in tune. If you can't set it up, try a professional setup. If that doesn't help, its probably faulty, but its not a problem with the ZR design, it'll just be a fault in the one you have. If you were to get another trem, a new ZR would be easy to install, and they really are good.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
maybe its your locking nut?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
I think the old S370 (made before ZR trems) has the LO-TRS trem, which is of the poorer quality line of Ibanez trems. If this is the case, a Lo-Pro would really be an upgrade. Not sure if it goes straight into same posts/rout though...
Quote by lumberjack
You rule the internet!
How's that for a compliment =)

My recordings
ive juts read some reviews of my guitar on harmony central and most of the reveiws state that the biridge is of poor desine. it may be a very early guitar as i bought it second hand.

i love it too bits tho and it sosunds awsome with the new pick up config. (alnic 2 pro in the neck and an invader at the bridge)

jackson randy rhoads

another let down of it is that the lock nut that holds the trem in place wont stay tight so im forever having to reach for the bar. apart from tighten it with a wrench and a good chance of ****ing it i dont know what to do.

basically if there is a "best bridge for an ibanez" out there, im willing to buy it

jackson randy rhoads