So, after months of working to not fail geometry, my mom has decided to loan me the extra money needed for a guitar (I'll pay her back, but at least I'm getting it sonner)

So, I went on GC.com today, and saw that they had the Ibanez RG5EXQM1, which I had never seen before. It's about 100 dollars less than the RG4, and I think it's just due to the maple top, and the floyd rose. I really like the RG4, but I'd love to know which one is, in fact, better.

RG4EXQM1

RG5EX1

Please help
Last edited by TwilightX at May 14, 2008,
I'd go for the second just because I find reverse headstocks affect the tone and stability positevely. I've tried several RG's and I always prefered the ones like that, and the one I still own has a reverse headstock
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
Quote by Gargantuan
Try them out, see for yourself.

I've already tried the RG4, but the RG5 hasn't been in stock. I mean, I really like the RG4, and the FR is nice, but I was just asking if anybody has experience with both.
the RG4EXQM1 is more because it has a quilt maple top, and binding.

The RG5EX has a reverse headstock

Those are the only differences.

I own a RG4EXQM1 and I gotta say it kicks severe ass!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
a friend of mine has one. i hated it. it sounded pretty good for rock and cleans.. but for metal, it downright sucked. and i dont know whether it was the guitar or how he set up his strings, but each string felt like it was a knife's edge cutting my fingers......
I kinda want the answer to this too lolz I was looking into the 4ex or an s series but the 5 ex is also a possibility.