i know there was a thread like this for hiphop, but realistically they are pretty different. like im really into grime, but do not really rate any us hiphop/rap.

so yeah, i was just wondering how many people like uk grime. real grime like boy better know, the movement, N.A.S.T.Y, durrty goodz, etc., not mainstream **** like dizzee and new kano. and especially not the bastardisation of it that is bloody hadouken. wasteguys.

Also, WTF with wiley - wearing my rolex? he used to be good. the godfather of grime. now what happened there? watch the video, its ridiculous.

sorry if you think this is too similar to the other thread. and if you're really that anal go and report me. im just interested because its quite different to US rap.

safe fam
No. I use cillit bang, so I never get any grime.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
nice use of cilit bang. lethal bizzle sort of counts, but hes kind of sold out to go mainstream. still staring at the rudeboys with gallows is a good track, but a lot of people say they really like him after that one song.

also sorry about the forum being wrong, but i know more people just go to the pit. i hardly ever read the other music forums.
Quote by chudman
Also, WTF with wiley - wearing my rolex? he used to be good. the godfather of grime. now what happened there? watch the video, its ridiculous.

I'm listening to it right now. I'm addicted I tell thee >__>
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by chudman
WTF with wiley - wearing my rolex?

WHAT DO WE DO

USUALLY DRINK, USUALLY DANCE, USUALLY..... Bubble? What?
Quote by chudman

I do, I don't rate much US stuff either but meh. As for that track, Wiley just recorded it, but he didn't know it'd be so big, he's already said he;s no in to making any more songs like that.

Whose heard Lethal Bs new song, "Keys To The Bentley," OBVO rip off of wearing my rolex
Grime is really underground rap from london, yeah?

Or can someone explain it to me...
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist

Basically yeah, with high tempo, and garage beats.
Quote by rabidguitarist

I wouldn't say underground. Thanks to the internet there really is no such thing anymore; only pretentious tarts call themselves it.
Quote by metacarpi
No. I use cillit bang, so I never get any grime.

Whore, I was gonna say that

GRIME AND LIMESCALE?!? I'M BARRY SCOTT BITCHES!!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by meh17
Whose heard Lethal Bs new song, "Keys To The Bentley," OBVO rip off of wearing my rolex

Well yes, but it's not half bad though
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Well yes, but it's not half bad though

I only listen to normal grime really, I thought it was awful

Too many electro-grime-chav-man anthems
Ah aye but I like a bit of electro. I'm all for the overuse of sampling >__>
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by meh17
I only listen to normal grime really, I thought it was awful

Too many electro-grime-chav-man anthems

too right. that track is a rip off of an already ****e song. Lethal is trying to get the same succes as eskiboy. lets hope wiley comes back with tunnel vision 8 or something and its good.

oh yeah and as for an explaination. grime isnt just london, but it mainly is. theres other stuff from places like birmingham. its basically 'not mainstream' (i use this because its not 'underground' as someone rightly said) UK rap music. 140 bpm, people spitting bars about anything and everything. you do have to understand what their saying though. a lot of people dont.
Last edited by chudman at May 14, 2008,
grime is badass. roll deep are my favs in the genre. and bearman is just lol.
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
roll deep have become pretty **** at the moment imo. my favourites right now are pretty much the ones i listed at the top, plus a few more like sway, bashy, p money, chipmunk, o.t. crew, and more.
Lethal B is alright and there are a few decent tracks around. Not overly keen but I'll listen.

I much prefer the stuff that can often be heard blasting out of someones mobile phone from the back of a bus. It makes the journeys just fly by -_-
Grime is really good. Listen to JME, Skepta and Tinchy Stryder if you want good grime.
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Whore, I was gonna say that

GRIME AND LIMESCALE?!? I'M BARRY SCOTT BITCHES!!

hahaha we have that same cleaning agent here but it's called 'easy off BAM'...the slogan here is: BAM and the dirt is gone!

anyway

threadstarter; discussion of music belongs in the Bands & Artists forums. take it to Other.
from daylight...
...into darkness