Hey all,

I just purchased an Ibanez S520 EX online and it arrived two days ago. It's my first guitar and so far it sounds good. (Relatively speaking, since I can't play very well yet.)

Guitar: http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S520EX (I have the black one)

However, I did notice one thing about the appearance and I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out.

The finish looks great except for one area. Within the jack plug recess the usually glossy black is slightly rough and if you look closely, you can see a bit of white-ish color. It's pretty far in there and really can't be seen unless you look quite closely, but I was curious if that's common with guitars with spray on finish.

Again, I don't really want to send it out because it's not defective in any other way, but if I could get one without that rough area, I would like to since it's so nice otherwise. I ordered from musician's friend, and they have a 45 day return policy, so any input would be very helpful in making a decision.
If it's within the jack recess you're probably not going to notice it much anyway, and may scratch it with the cord too. To me, it's no big deal.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
Yeah, I called two local music stores and they both told me the same thing.

Apparently it's excess buffing compound that the buffer couldn't remove during the finishing process since the recess is tiny and hard to access.

I may try using a fine microfiber cloth to buff it off, but if that doesn't work, I'll leave it be.
You could do that or if you're careful take a nice fine wet sandpaper to it lightly if you cant just rub it off.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Peavey Triple XXX
Yeah, I messed with it a bit, but didn't get very far, so I decided to leave it be. You can't see it and I have a feeling trying anything will make it worse.
nice guitar mate
i got one, in mgf, and its awesome

look after the trem stick thing, cos i lost mine, sucks without one
Peavey Valveking 212

Ibanez S520EX in grey