I need a little advice on something. I had just recieved a guitar from a friend, because he hardly uses it anymore because he has like 7 others, and he is left handed. The nut is left-handed and I am right-handed. I also need a new nut for my other guitar because it is a POS. So I need to buy a new nuts. I just have a few questions aboot buying them. What are the different kinds? Do I have to get them custom made or can I buy replacement nuts already with slots in them? I do not need advise on installing them just aboot buying them. The guitars are a standard SG and a les paul type guitar. Im looking for a nut that would give me great beautiful and great tuning. Thanks in advance and sorry aboot my unorganized thought process.
lol, nuts...

but anyways, you should be able to buy replacement nuts at a store. what kind of nuts do you have on both guitars?
Quote by Kensai
I'm no fancy doctor, but it sounds like you've got the clap.
idk....i hear that kind of surgery is really expensive

HAHAHAH....couldnt resist, for real though idk
imagine if this thread was in the Pit...

listen to Hushie.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Most places that sell guitar parts on the net will have ready slotted nuts for right handed people. I know stewmac has a good selection with lots of pics and specs to help you figure out whats best to get.
Alright, thanks again. I didnt know if you could buy pre-slotted nuts or not. But wouldn't it be hard to find the exact string heights and size needed as the originals or do they come in a lot of selections? BTW the nuts I have on now are just plastic, nothing like locking or anything. I hear graphite would be a good choice for the new nuts. Any suggestions?