Well basically i was thinking of buying a floyd rose (edge pro) equiped guitar after i get a summer job. And its the ibby rg1570, but i heard rumours u cant do double stops on floyd rose style guitars cause it put the guitar temporarily outa tune. Just a quick question, hopefully someone could clarify
Not true...

The only think I can think of related to that is that if you are bending one string, and just fretting another, it causes the fretted note to raise slightly. Its not a major problem though!
My Gear
Original JCM800
Fender Blues
ADA MP1 Rack

1952 RI Tele
Fender Floyd Fat Strat
Dean Razorback V255
Dean ML79F
Fender Strat, scalloped
Fender Floyd Strat
Ibanez RG550 - 1987 DY, 1990 DY, 2002 BK
Kramer Paul Dean
Danelectro DC59
Quote by Varkunus
Well basically i was thinking of buying a floyd rose (edge pro) equiped guitar after i get a summer job. And its the ibby rg1570, but i heard rumours u cant do double stops on floyd rose style guitars cause it put the guitar temporarily outa tune. Just a quick question, hopefully someone could clarify

I can do this with my Edge III and it's perfectly fine.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
its really not that bad. its just whatever the guy above me said. you can kind of stop it by pushing down on the bridge.
I imagine it depends on factors like the strength of the springs for one.....I have 2 guitars with floating trems, and i just tried a few different things on both....

...and yeah, they seem to behave pretty differently.
Servant woman! Fetch me a drying cloth at once!!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=0K350onEl1o
According to this video, Kahler tremolos are the ones that usually go out of tune after string bending. Edge Pro is similar to OFR, so it probably doesn't have this problem.
My Gear:
Jackson JS20 Dinky
Line6 Spider II 30w ( )
Dunlop Dime Crybaby From Hell ( )
ok cheers for that guys. And any advice on the rg1570? or other alternatives bear in mind im lefty
Its just harder to bend one string up, this is just because the tension on the single string will raise the bridge so the other strings that are not being bent raise pitch slightly(depending on how much the string is bent) but you can remedy this by either pushing down on the bridge to counteract that raising or slightly raising the other string.
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Wow...

Ok. If you bend a string, all the others will sound flat.

Bending two strings at once is ok, but it'll be harder to get to the desired pitch.

So double stops won't be in tune.

It IS noticeable, quite a lot so I find... and I'm not much of a musical person. I use 4 springs at least.
Yes you can somewhat limit it by pushing down on the Floyd a bit, but it's still not optimal.

Fact is, if you want to play country on a Floyd, it probably isn't the best idea.

Same with Strat tremolos and two point trems. It's just a design thing.
Quote by Pott
So double stops won't be in tune..

I agreed with you til you said that.

Doublestops = playing 2 strings at once. Powerchords are doublestops, and they don't go out of tune. The only time the guitar will be out of tune when playing 2 strings at once is if you're bending one of them.
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Hehe sorry... double stop BENDS won't be in tune.

I just realized the original post didn't mention that... but I was talking about DS bends. DOHH!

Anyway... if you just play two strings at once you'll be ok... hehe... ooops.
no i was talking bout bends. I wont be using them huge amounts, but some what i will. So can i combat that by pushing down on the trem, and how bad will it sound?