Hi im a guitarist and have started playing bass for the past year, i play bass in my band and am ordering the squier deluxe jazz bass five string active model and was wondering could ne1 of u bassists out there tell me what u think of this bass?
thnx
It's a Squier. The only Squiers that this here bass forum likes are the Vintage Mod series.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
if your gonna get a cheap bass you should have bought an ibanez

likewise, i wouldnt ask UG about stuff you already bought
its a good way to feel like ****
i enjoy head
Quote by Epiphone'sRock
Hi im a guitarist and have started playing bass for the past year, i play bass in my band and am ordering the squier deluxe jazz bass five string active model and was wondering could ne1 of u bassists out there tell me what u think of this bass?
thnx

Well, and squires below the VM series have issues with quality control. I had an affinity series that was absolutely fantastic for the price. I have also played standard series that were absolutely horrible.

If you tried it out and made sure you didn't get a bad one, you got yourself a good value piece of kit. If you didn't, you could have a pretty good or a very bad instrument.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
chinese squier are famous for having quality issues
indonesian squier on the other side can be really great and better than fender MIMs

i tried that bass some time ago and is not bad at all but i cant really say it was amazing(like MIAs)
is a "get what you pay" thing
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
To be perfectly honest, it DOES make sense to seek advice and opinions before buying something.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I quite like the Squier dlx JV. I think because they make a lot less of the 5 string necks there's better QC and they're more consistent in feel. I find them quite wide right at the top end of the register making it harder to fret the B string easily but that's the same with any Fender style 5er really.
I prefer to buy used/in person. This insures that the bass is solid and that I actually like it before I buy it. I realize that you can't always find what you want in stores, but its worth looking for. Once my brother was playing a EP Black Beauty and seriously thinking about buying it, but then the input jack just fell apart.... so he bought a Standard instead.
If you buy used you pretty much know that it is going to hold up. Any obvious problems will be.... well, obvious! And minor problems can most likely be fixed.
hmm seems like i shall order sed squier, sounds gd for the money tbh and have played one in local store today so woot : )