Hey guys, im asking for yet more help. I need an amp that is good for practising in my bedroom at night with headphones and maybe up to gigging in like a school hall but i want it to be able to handle some effects well. Im playing indie stuff like Radiohead, Bloc Party, Editors to hard rock, and the max i do in terms of heavyness is a Master Of Puppets kinda distortion.

Im using a Squier Strat and at the moment, have a Peavey Backstage, have no prefferance to tube or solid state whatever. Budget: Max £200

Any help is much appreciated
Last edited by Taylor704 at May 14, 2008,
Maybe something like the Laney LC-15, i haven't personally tried it but according to the Laney thread's tone guide, it should be good for what you want. Plus it is a valve amp, so when you crank it it'll really shine. and be beastly loud compared with its size

I'd wait till some more experienced people give you some more advice, but i'd say the Laney is a fair option. Plus it's £30 under your budget.

http://www.laney.co.uk/show_spec.php?prod=lc15-110

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/lc-15/9545
Last edited by alexlemon2 at May 14, 2008,
Vox Valvetronix perhaps, comes with built in effects. It's solid state realistically but it still sounds fairly good. A full valve amp would sound better in general and also when it gets louder though.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
I think a Peavey Classic 30 would be good. It's good at low enough volumes for a bedroom, and you can easily gig with it. The distortion is perfect for indie (I play radiohead on my Classic 50 all the time) and if you dime it it comes fairly close to metallica-ish gain. An OD would make it even better.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Im quite interested in that Laney because it has an effects loop. That Peavey Classic 30 is a bit out of my prince range to be honest...
Just so you know to get the effects loop you need to get the LC15R not the LC15. It's a little more expensive, but it comes with reverb too which is cool. And I can personally vouch for the insane loudness of the amp (considering its size and rated wattage). Works perfectly for bedroom practice with a pedal though.
Quote by david_safc
1. Radiohead isn't indie
2. I agree with the Laney LC-15, great amps.

Radiohead have their own genre called Radiohead but i counted it under indie with stuff like Bloc Party and Editors because they near enough all play semi hollow, Telecaster stuff.
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by stradivari310
I think a Peavey Classic 30 would be good. It's good at low enough volumes for a bedroom, and you can easily gig with it. The distortion is perfect for indie (I play radiohead on my Classic 50 all the time) and if you dime it it comes fairly close to metallica-ish gain. An OD would make it even better.

I disagree. I was playing my friend's Classic 50 at a band practice once because I forgot my amp. And we actually went into Master of Puppets since that's one of the songs we do. I tried maxing out the gain and it still wasn't nearly enough.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
I disagree. I was playing my friend's Classic 50 at a band practice once because I forgot my amp. And we actually went into Master of Puppets since that's one of the songs we do. I tried maxing out the gain and it still wasn't nearly enough.

Yeah, Classic series amps are definitely...well...classic voiced.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden