Okay so ive got a problem with my ipod, where whenever i turn it on a red cross appears on the screen and it turns itself off again. WHen i connect to a computer it does the same thing. Ive tried to force it into disk mode it doesn't work. On the itunes website it tells me i have to go to an itunes store to get it fixed but that will be a long time off and i can't live without my music :/. Anybody know how to fix this, any helo is much appreciated.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
You're going to have to go get it fixed, I really don't think there is any way you can fix it yourself, not with the way apple makes everything so no-one can fix it without special tools.
How about you go to an iTunes store?
Meh - I learnt to live without it when I got mine stolen, it's not that hard.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
alternately ring up their support line. when mine did something similar i did that and they were really good about it. they send a courier with a box to you, then they send another to come a pick it up. because mine was within warranty, they just straight up replaced it for free.
If it's not under warranty you should try this. My iPod got the sad face and it told me to take it to a store (it was 4 days out of the extended warranty, lame). I read online that if you hit it pretty hard it would knock the hard-drive back into alignement (which is often why iPods break).

I gave it a good wack on my mousepad and VOILA it works. I also did this to the same effect with my sisters iPod. There was a thread on ilounge where hundreds of people did this. Just give it a good wack on a solid but soft surface like a mousepad or text book, then try rebooting it.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
don't double post
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
Sorry about the double post, complete accident.
Thanks for the help, ill try whacking it then ill suppose i'll take it to a store.
Thnanks for the help
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.