I've been thinking about selling my current guitar (Epiphone Dot Deluxe) and buying a Fender Telecaster 72 Reissue, but I'm not sure if the stock humbuckers can produce the kind of sound I want. I play mostly modern/punk rock, so I want the kind of sound from bands like Armor For Sleep, Boys Night Out, Coheed, etc. I play through a Line 6 Spider, if that helps.

Basically, are Fender humbuckers too weak, do they have too much buzz, how do humbuckers on a Fender compare? What's a better non-Epiphone guitar in that price range?
get a better amp first. you're not gonna notice much of a difference with a Spider. I'd say a ValveKing 112.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
The Amour For Sleep vocalist/rhythm guitarist was playing one of them when I saw them on Saturday, so that'll be fine for them.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?